Such a trick

Request: Could we get puppy wednesday learning new tricks and enid rewarding her for it?- Vart (AO3)

Wednesday crawled around the room, her animatronic tail wagging as she sniffed everything over, ensuring no one had been snooping around their room and causing recuse.  Though she didn't have the scent of an actual puppy, she liked to pretend she did, and Enid got a pretty good kick out of it. 

"Are you having fun, darling?" She asked, smiling at the way her pet had managed to get her head stuck in one of the shirts lying around. 

Whining, Wednesday barked lightly, using her clenched fist to try and pull it off. The leather gloves made it hard to do pretty much anything, as they had no fingers and too much padding for wrist mobility. 

"Aw, here let me help you," Enid cooed, getting on the floor next to her and pulling the shirt off. "Is that better?"

Wednesday panted, nudging Enid's knee with her nose. She lifted herself onto her hind knees, pawing at her. "Arf!"

Frowning, Enid tilted her head to the side. "What do you want darling? Do you want a treat? Is that what you're asking for?" The pup barked louder, smiling at the recommendation. "Well, you need to work for treats, do you want to do some tricks? How about I teach you some new ones." 

Wednesday nodded, her tongue hanging out and leaving traces of drool on Enid's leg. Enid stood up, rubbing the drool off as she headed into the kitchen to grab some of Wednesday's favourite treats, almond trail mix.

"Are you ready girl?"

"Arf!" She ran over, probably bruising her knees in the hurry, but she could smell the granola. 

"Okay, sit!" Enid stayed in place as the girl sat before her, then taking a treat, moved her hand slowly and gradually around behind her so her hand ended up between her legs. "Come grab it!" 

Wednesday went forward, taking the treat and staying in the spot, looking up at her owner with puppy eyes, as if asking if she did well.

"Okay, now go back to your original spot and when I tell you 'middle', I want you to come right here and look at me, okay?" She let Wednesday return to her position in front of her, then said the word, watching as her pup trotted up and sat between her legs, looking up at her.

"Good girl!" She gave the girl a dried cranberry, which she took gratefully, nudging Enid's knee. "Want to learn another trick, love?"

Lowering her head to her hands, Wednesday tried to undo the velcro of her gloves with her teeth, though her chin was caught in Enid's hand, and she was forced to look back up. "That's not a trick, let's teach you a real one again. Go sit." 

This time she fiddled with the treat for a few seconds before glancing down. "Bow."

Wednesday cocked her head to the side, frowning in confusion. That was not a trick she had been taught. She watched as the treat was placed on the ground in front of her, and then Enid took a step back. Slowly the pup lowered her head to the ground, licking it up, though before she could return to her regular position, her face was pressed to the floor. "This is a bow. Can we try again?"

Enid let her head go, stepping back. "Bow." As if eating a treat, she leaned down, leaving her butt up in the air. "Good girl."

Wednesday barked excitedly when another treat was pressed to her lips, her owner scratching her head lovingly. "Is that good?"

Wednesday licked her cheek, panting again and standing on her hind paws to bat yet again at her owner. She wanted the gloves off. 

"Okay, okay! One more trick and I will take them off, understood?"

Wednesday nodded and watched as Enid grabbed a hula-hoop from her bedside, holding it out in front of her. "Jump."

Damn it, quadrobics always hurt. She backed up, getting a running start and sending herself hurling through the hoop, hardly managing to land on her front paws and not tip over, though she did it, looking up expectedly for her gloves to be removed. 

"A promise is a promise," Enid laughed, kneeling down and undoing the velcro before pulling the gloves off, letting Wednesday stretch out her fingers for the first time in hours. "Okay, you can keep playing while I do my homework, understood?"

Wednesday was already off, her nose sniffing its way into one of Enid's drawers. Honestly, Enid hadn't expected anything different. Wednesday managed to nudge open the drawer, grabbing one of the shoes that was kept in it between her teeth. She crawled over to her dog bed, setting it down there and rushing back to grab another. Soon enough all the does had been transferred, and she was left there to simply lay in the pile of them, knowing she would get in trouble if she as much as chewed a strap... but one was so close to her nose...

"Wednesday, no chewing." 

Huffing, she picked them up again, returning them to their original places one by one. Well, this was rather boring. Placing the last pink shoe in place, she closed the drawer with her snout. What to do now? Just sit here?

"Would you like to lay on my lap?"

Ah, the words of an angel. She quickly moved herself to Enid's side of the room, hopping onto her bed and snuggling close her her. She felt Enid's hands slowly work their way through her hair, moving down her back and massaging any knots there out. "You were a very good puppy today."

Grinning at the compliment, she nuzzled her nose into Enid's stomach, hearing each breath enter and exit her body. She tried to sink her breathing to her owners, loving the way their bodies rose and fell at the same time. 

"I'm always a good girl," she whispered.

"Eh, sometimes you can be a brat."

"Mostly a good girl."

"Yes," Enid laughed. "Very small bit of mostly little miss."