Theres just inches in between us

Prompt: Over spring brake, Wednesday starts missing Enid's touch so badly it hurts. She doesn't know why, turns out it's the Addams curse...and if she doesn't get to Enid soon it's fatal.

There were three things that bugged Wednesday more than anything else in the world. Colours, touch, and the fact that she was missing both of them.

It had started out okay. In fact it hadn't even started until about a month ago. At first all she felt was longing, once every few days she would get a slight pain in her chest, not physically, just that sinking feeling that she wanted something. Someone.

Eventually it had evolved into real pain, like a cramp that lasted a few seconds. Than there was right now. It may as well have been a heart attack. The pain spread to every corner of her body, like she was being stretched or pulled somewhere by a string in her heart while her arms and legs were pinned to a bord.

Of course this feeling had started at the very top of their staircase. You try and stand while you are being torn appart. She was positive the impact of her head hitting the stairs as she slipped downwards would leave a concussion. Though it felt fast, she basically just looked like she was sliding down the stairs on her back.

Once she had reached the bottom the pain had subsided, just enough for her to stand up again, placing her hand against the back of her head.

"What was all that clanging?" Morticia asked, walking into the room. "Were you sword fighting with your brother in the living room again?"

"I just tripped mother, don't flatter yourself. He's off in his room doing who knows what."

Morticia frowned. "Tripped where?"

"Stairs."

"From what? The top one?" She joked softly. Wednesday nodded. "Oh goodness how did you manage that, you have better balance than anyone in this house, is Bertha haunting the top step again, I swear if she-"

"No don't worry, I think she's in the piano, I just...happened to get a little pain that caused me to misstep."

"I have seen you stand up while being electrocuted."

"...larger pain."

Sighing, Mortica approached her daughter. "How did it happen?"

"It was just a cramp stop sweating it," Wednesday attempted to turn away, but her shoulder was quickly caught in her mothers strong hand.

"Was it? Or did it start as a cramp."

Feeling her stomach flutter, the young Addams tried to harden her face more. "I do not see how this is your problem, now if you don't mind, I am going to tend to the...dishes..."

"Wednesday you can't hide it forever you know. Actually you can't hide it at all, me and your father knew the moment you walked back into this door. Love is not something you can hide."

Love? She wasn't in love, she was just...enthralled by Enid. Their was no romantic feelings involved, was there? She didn't want to touch Enid. That was just her brain, her stupid brain, Enid was annoying. Colourful and annoying, loud.

"Oh...you didn't know."

"I am not in love mother, I don't know what you are on about, I would never want to touch myself to some pestering male."

"I never said male," Mortica rose her hands above her head. "Their pronouns could be cat/cats for all I care, they could be from mars. I know when my daughter loves somebody."

Wednesday frowned. "What?"

"This thing your brother signed me up for, toktik? I believe it's a neopronoun, or is there another word."