Frostbite

Prompt: wednesday refuses to admit she's cold, it dosnt end well.

Songes to listen to while reading this chapter:
The Bug Collector- Haley Heynderickx
Sweet Tooth- Cavetown
Rises The Moon- Liana Flores
Until I Found You- Stephen Sanchez

Wednesday Addams was not one to admit to the pressing effects of weather. She had walked through multiple hurricanes in her life, and even a tornado once, though neither of those could have prepared her for chill of Vermonts winters. Though the forecast told her it was -22c, she was positive it was colder, or she was just from Miami and refused to wear proper snow gear.

"You have to be cold right now," Enid huffed, skipping up behind her, a puff of steam coming from her mouth.

"I am not, I have my coat on."

Enid frowned. "Nes that's a hoodie. I'm a werewolf and even I'm cold, look at your fingers! Their pink!"

Ignoring her, Wednesday sped up, trying in any way to get to Jericho faster. She almost wished she had accepted Xavier's offer to drive, though to be fully honest, the feeling of chill in her fingers was dimming, so that had to be good, maybe she was adapting.

"Wednesday." Enid was beside her again, pulling her gloves off. "Put these on at least, I don't need them, I can't get frostbite unless it's -40. You can."

"I'm an Addams, I can't either."

"I find that very hard to believe." Through the falling snow, Enid's slightly red nose looked ten times brighter, her eyes shining even more than normal. Wednesday couldn't help but feel her heart flatter as she looked at the bright pink gloves being held out.

"I don't need them Enid, put them back on."

She watched as the werewolf pulled back on the fabric, struggling a bit with the second one, though she eventually got it.

The walk lasted about ten minutes longer, Wednesday having pulled her hands into her coat by the end, though she knew it was too late the moment they walked inside, feeling the way she wasn't feeling. Or it was the slight blister that was already showing on her pinky. She grit her teeth, wishing it wasn't so clear what was happening. She knew Enid had spotted it already as well with her little 'I told you so' look.

"What would you girls like?" A younger man asked, his Weathervane apron slightly tussled and untied, from the way his arm hair stood up, it was probably slightly cold in here as well with the amount of times the doors opened.

"Two hot chocolates," Enid chimed in before Wednesday could order her usual. "Like really hot."

"Uh, okay," he smiled, showing slightly crooked teeth that probably hadn't ever been put into place by braces. "They should be ready in a few, we are kind of busy right now."

The moment he turned away, Enid leaned over the table. "Can I come to your side?"

"I'm surprised you stayed there for that long."

Moving out of her bench and onto Wednesday's, Enid stripped herself of her jacket and gloves, resting them on the backrest. "Give me your hands, I'm going to warm them up."

"Enid."

"Wednesday."

Giving up, she let her hands rest in Enid's. Still no feeling but a slight tingle. She watched as Enid examined each blister, feeling the skin. "You are aware your stubbornness could have just resulted in loosing your fingers."

"You're absurd."

"Oh probably, I highly doubt it would go that far, but expect more blisters and lots of pain once they start to thaw."

Wednesday pulled her hands back, attempting to flex her fingers, with little success. "And when will they start...doing that. I'm am embarrassingly uneducated in frostbite."

"Should be good in two hours thaw wise, but it might hurt for twenty four hours or more depending on how bad it is."

The boy came back, placing two steaming cups down. "Extra hot chocolate, want whipped cream?"

"For mine yes," Enid smiled as she held hers out, watching the cream pile onto her glass.

Wednesday placed her fingers over the cup, her fingers tingling wildly at the sensation.

The two slowly sipped on their hot chocolates, Wednesday putting up with the sweet flavour for Enid's sake.

"You have whipped cream on your nose," she felt the corners of her mouth tilt up as she watch Enid try and lick it off, her eyes crossing. "Here," with her slight movement now, Wednesday whipped it away.

"Thank you," Enid blushed, her eyes crinkling cutely. "Don't think I would have gotten that."

Finishing the last sip of her drink, Wednesday just nodded. "I think we should take the bus back."

"Agreed," Enid started to pull her coat on. "You want the gloved for the wait?" It wasn't a question.

"You are such a-"

"Shh," Enid giggled and pressed a warm finger to Wednesday's lips as they walked out.

"I wasn't going to say anything rude!"

"Sure."

Once seated at the bus stop, Enid wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. "This only takes us half way, we are still going to need to walk."

"Can we call Xavier?"

"Or you can just borrow my jacket?"

Huffing, Wednesday buried her face in the hem of Enid's snood. "But you will be cold!"

"And you won't have hypothermia!"

"Fine," Wednesday mumbled, pressing her nose into the warmth of Enid's neck.

"And after this we are going to the nurse! If this is deep tissue frostbite, which it's not, but still, we need to know. Okay?"

"Mhm..."

The bus pulled up, it's doors sliding open. "Make it quick ladies, I don't wanna let out heat!" The driver yelled out as the two of them shuffled in.

▩▩

"All good, this is only stage two so it should only take a week to fully heal, just stay away from too much cold," the nurse removed the warm damp towel from Wednesday wrists. "And if you have a partner I would recommend a bit of skin on skin, I believe you may have stage one hypothermia unfortunately."

Enid grinned at Wednesday, winking. "I'm sure she can do that, thank you miss," she said as she grabbed Wednesday's wrist, dragging her out.

"I'm not getting out of this, am I."

"No. Mean Girls or High School Musical."

Wednesday sighed. "Mean Girls."

"Great choice."