People of the Past

Enemy - Imagine Dragons

~Same day as USJ attack, Rin's pov~

Father had Nīsan and Kurogiri go attack the U.A. school, aiming to kill All Might or at least kill some of his students. He didn't want me going because Aizawa and Mic worked there. They'd definitely recognize me, and he didn't want them capturing me when I'm essential to the League of Villains and supposed to be Nīsan's protector. I wanted to protest that I wouldn't get caught, but I couldn't disobey him. So, I sent Kuro with Nīsan and his group to defend him in my place, telling them that in the meantime, I was going to go out for a while. They told me to be careful, and we went our separate ways.

I wanted to explore the Shizuoka Prefecture, see the places I never went to and reminisce about by childhood. So I traveled there, using my wings to fly there leisurely. The places I found were interesting, and I watched indifferently at any villains that were caught by patrolling heroes. Once I got back to my childhood neighborhood, I looked at certain areas indifferently as well, silently stewing in my growing anger and vengeance. I eventually stopped at a street bench, knowing this path led to both Izuku and Katsuki's home, as well as the U.A. school. I sighed as the sun set, darkness falling over me with only a street lamp illuminating my spot.

Soon, I heard the sounds of two boys talking and coming near me. Well, one was yelling, seemingly angry at the other boy. I looked up as they were about to walk past, and grinned darkly at them. Though they were older, Katsuki and Izuku's appearance haven't really changed. "Just get away from me already, you damn nerd! There are other streets for you to get home!" Katsuki yelled, and Izuku sweat dropped nervously. "Kacchan, I always go down this road because it's the fastest way home, just like how it is for you. It's so late now, too, so I don't want to worry mom if I take a different street home and arrive even later." He explained. "You two haven't changed a bit, it seems." I spoke up. They looked at me in surprise, apparently just realizing I was here, and tensed as if preparing to defend themselves. I chuckled at the fact they clearly didn't recognize me. "I wonder what's got you all jumpy." I commented, though from the looks of their clothes, I had an idea what happened. "Those are U.A. uniforms, right? I'm not surprised Katsuki got in with how determined he was to become a hero. However, you managed to get in, quirkless Izuku?" I added, making them tense more. "How do you know our names?" Izuku questioned, but Katsuki scoffed as his hands crackled. "Shut up, stupid. It doesn't matter, but if she's looking for a fight, she's got one!" He shouted before blasting himself towards me. I grinned as we both raised a hand at each other, and before he could use his explosions on me, I activated my Extra Copy quirk. I named it that because of how powerful the copies I get are compared to their originals.

Katsuki was blasted away by the explosion I produced, swiftly crashing into the walled fence behind him. "Kacchan!" Izuku called in panic as he rushed to his side. "Kacchan, are you okay?" He fretted, seeing Katsuki's singed clothes. "I'm fine, Deku. Get off me." Katsuki grumbled as he pushed Izuku's arms away. "Well, isn't this familiar? You two really haven't changed, Bully Katsuki and Bystander Izuku. Though, I guess you're the one being bullied now, huh, Izuku? And Katsuki's been losing fights against villains, from what I hear. Now the both of you know how I felt when we were younger." I mocked. It was then that I saw them realize who I was. "Nara?" Izuku asked as they stared at me in shock. My grin widened as I giggled maniacally and tilted my head. "I haven't heard that name in a long time." I told him darkly. "H-How are you here? You went missing years ago!" He stammered, and my expression dropped. "I didn't go missing. You make it sound like I was kidnapped or something. No, I willingly ran away from all the bullshit I was being put through." I scoffed, then grinned threateningly. "Though, now that we're all together again, I can't wait any longer to get back at the two of you for everything you did to me." I told them, and raised my hands, my palms crackling as I prepared to blow them up.