Start Over

Goodbye Agony - Black Veil Brides

~3rd pov~

It was the afternoon when Rin woke up again. Like before, she regained feeling in her body, but her mind was clearer than it was last night. She also couldn't remember what happened last night, though she caught the slight smell of masculine cologne on her pillows. Rin groggily opened her eyes, first noticing the beeping of the heart monitor and the uncomfortable feeling on her arms as she stared up at the white ceiling. She glanced down at herself and saw she was in a white hospital bed, her arms resting above the blankets. The area around her elbow was slightly sore, and she noticed her left one had an IV needle attached to her. Her right hand had a clamp on one of her fingers, taking her pulse for the monitor.

Rin noticed something in the corner of her left eye, and looked to find Aizawa sitting in a chair beside her, reading some sort of novel. She scoffed at the sight of him, grinning in amused hurt as she closed her eyes again. "I guess my luck ran out if you're the one I find at my bedside." She sneered. Aizawa calmly glanced up at her from his book, clearly seeing how hard she was trying to control herself, though he wasn't sure if she was actually angry or depressed. "If that was true, you'd be dead instead of sitting here talking to me." He told her, and she gave him a dry, nearly emotionless laugh. "I'd rather be punished by Nīsan for helping you guys than sitting here with you." Rin retorted, though her voice wavered as she was close to crying from guilt and past trauma. She didn't want to be near Aizawa -- he was probably the last person she wanted to be near, though she wasn't sure who she actually wanted by her side.

Aizawa sighed at how stubborn she was being. "Nara-" He prepared to lightly scold her, but she whirled on him with her teeth bared and anger in her teary eyes. "I'm not Nara. I'm Rin Shigaraki, Tomura's little sister and All For One's daughter. Nara died when she was five." Rin snapped at him, practically snarling as she felt Kaida beginning to stir within her. Aizawa looked at her blankly as he closed his book and set it on his lap. "If that were true, then why are you crying?" He questioned, making her anger dissipate as she blinked at him. She touched her face and felt the tears running down her face slowly, and she tried wiping them away. Rin was a bit surprised that she suddenly started crying, but her guilt and despair was taking over, making her cry more. "If Nara was dead, then you wouldn't have healed all the heroes when we raided the Villa and Hospital." Aizawa added, and she scoffed at him again. "That was just poor judgment on my part." Rin grumbled.

Aizawa deadpanned at her words, questioning to himself where she gets this stubbornness from. "You healed Hawks even though he killed one of your allies, Twice. Dabi had also severely burned him before one of my students took him away from the fight." He told her, and she froze before lowering her arms, looking dead inside. "Is Jin really dead?" Rin asked quietly. "Yes, he is." Aizawa agreed softly. "Poor Toga." She whispered as she hugged herself. "What were they all to you?" He asked her, and she lightly chuckled. "I didn't really care about most of them, like the Liberation Front or those recruits that were arrested at the training camp. But the original League members -- Tomura-nī, Toga, Twice, Dabi, Spinner, Compress -- we were like a community, a family to each other. I understand why Dabi would burn Hawks -- it wasn't just that he kinda cared about Jin, but because Hawks basically ruined Dabi's plans by killing Jin. Jin could've helped him take down Endeavor, but with him dead, Dabi has to come up with a different plan now. As for Toga, she basically saw Jin like a best friend or a brother like how I was raised to see Tomura as." Rin explained, and Aizawa hummed. "Well, Dabi has already begun his plan in taking down Endeavor. He had the villain Skeptic send out a nationwide video of him telling his backstory, adding that Hawks had killed Twice when he was trying to escape." He told her, and she chuckled while shaking her head. "Of course he did." She murmured as she looked down at her lap.