Capture

"'Summer Vacation Hero Special: From Number One Hero to U.A. High School Teacher.' This time, we will look back at All Might's work and his great-"

Kurogiri cut off the announcer as he turned the TV off, and we looked to see Nīsan grinning maniacally before he got up and left the room, leaving behind his stack of cards and his extra picture of Izuku. I sent Kuro to follow and watch over Nīsan, though he returned without any issues. The day before, he had accepted Toga and Dabi into our group. Now, we were gathering more people, planning to ambush the first year hero classes of U.A.. They tried being sneaky by keeping secret that they were going to a training camp, but we found out anyway. Nīsan was sending out some of our new members, along with Dabi, Toga and Kuro. Dabi was supposed to lead the group, and though we were senior members, Nīsan had me assign Kuro as support. They were supposed to cripple the students and teachers, and kidnap Katsuki Bakugou. I had protested against kidnapping him. Nīsan thought he might become a villain with some persuasion, but even after all these years, I knew Katsuki wouldn't join us. Since we were kids, he's been hellbent on becoming the number one hero like All Might. There was no way he'd turn away from that path, but no one listened, believing that with his temperament, Katsuki will become a villain. Days passed, and the plan was set into motion. Kurogiri, Nīsan and I remained at the bar, waiting for the Vanguard Action Squad to successfully return.

"Will they really be all right by themselves?" Kurogiri asked one night after they left. "Yeah. It's not my turn to be on stage right now. They're enough by themselves. In other words, the game has changed. Up until now, it was a role-playing game where we had all the equipment but challenged the last boss while still at level 1. I should've thought of it as a simulation game. I should be the player, using all the pieces I can to break through the higher ranks. In order to do that, I need to first put cracks into the superhuman society." Nīsan explained, and I smiled at his game logic. "The Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains. It doesn't matter if those guys succeed or fail. Just the fact that they are there will scare the heroes." He added. "Are they just sacrificial pawns?" Kurogiri questioned, and Nīsan spread his arms. "Don't be ridiculous. Do I look that heartless? Their strength is real. Even though they're facing different directions, they're comrades I can count on. In a society bound by rules, we're not the only ones being oppressed. I'm praying for their success." He said as he rested his head on one hand, his other holding a picture of Katsuki at the sports festival awards ceremony.

~Kuro's pov~

I stood with Toga and one of our other recruits at the edge of a cliff, overlooking the campsite. Toga fiddled with her mask. "I mean, I don't like this. It's not cute." She complained. "This was orchestrated by the designer behind the scenes, right? Appearances don't matter as long as it makes sense." The recruit, Mustard, told her. "I'm not talking about that. I just don't want to wear this." She continued to complain, and I sighed. "Calm down. It's only temporary, then you can take it off when we're done." I said as everyone else joined us. "Hi! Sorry for the wait." Magne greeted. "Work... work..." Moonfish mumbled while Spinner slicked his hair back.

"That makes eight." Dabi concluded. "I don't care, just let me at 'em. I'm getting too pumped up." Muscular said with his arms spread and fingers twitching. "Shut up, you crazy bastards. Not yet... We'll move when all eleven of us are here. Gathering a bunch of punks who are just strong will only increase the risk. It's better to have a small group of experienced elites. First, we make them realize... that their peace is resting in our hands." Dabi explained darkly.

The next night, we set the plan in motion. Dabi set part of the forest on fire while Mustard sent out his toxic gas. The rest of us were to attack the students and teachers in the forest, Twice sending out some clones of us as decoys. My target was the student, Fumikage Tokoyami, who loses control of his quirk Dark Shadow when in immense darkness. I domed the area he was in, covering him in darkness and making Dark Shadow go even more berserk, Tokoyami having already lost control when one of his classmate's many hands were cut off by Moonfish.