Preparation

After giving my ideas to Katsuki's parents about my new 'vigilante' costume, Masaru fixed up my shirt a bit, leaving the holes on the back but closing it enough for my wings to come out without tearing it again. With everything that I came for completed, I left the evacuee dorms to Gym Gamma for training. However, it was still pretty early, and class 1-A were still on patrol, so I decided to start my training early. I needed to build up my physical abilities again, so I did the same training routine Nīsan and I did growing up under All For One's supervision. As I slowly regained my abilities over the hours, I could hear All For One's voice in my head, which only aggravated me more. I was currently running laps around the gym, and I heard him say, 'Keep going, Rin. You can go further than this.' His encouragements made me grit my teeth in anger, though I briefly noticed that I was running faster now. 'Get out of my head, you damn parasite.' I growled, but he just chuckled back at me. 'Did you really think it would be that easy to escape me? You should know better than that, Rin.' He replied condescendingly.

As I felt Kaida stir within me, I was stopped in my tracks by Kuro, who had swiftly emerged in front of me from my shadow to grab me by my shoulders. "Nara, stop." She told me, clearly worried about me. I had been going nonstop in my training, All For One's voice gradually spurring me into anger and distracting me from taking any breaks. The exhaustion and pain finally registered, and I collapsed to my hands and knees, gasping for air. Kuro kept me from falling to the ground completely, holding me up and rubbing my back. "I can't get him out of my head... Why is this happening...?" I rasped out, but Kuro frowned. "I'm not sure." She said softly, sounding guilty about not being able to help block out his presence.

Once I caught my breath, Kuro guided me to sit in front of the gym doors, then sped off to get me some food and water for lunch. I ate the sandwich she brought me sluggishly, feeling my strength slowly return, then spent the rest of the lunch period slowly drinking my water as Kuro braided my ponytail in various ways, doing one braid before undoing it then starting another. She undid her final braid and smoothed out my ponytail as class 1-A arrived, Mina taking the lead and bouncing up to us with a bubbly smile. "Hi, Nara! Hi, Kuro! You guys are early!" She greeted. "Hello, Mina." Kuro greeted back with a small smile. "Yeah, I figured I could start up my physical training during your guys' classes, so I've been here these past couple of hours. I was just on my break right now." I explained nonchalantly. Mina nodded in understanding before smiling at me teasingly and nudging me. "So? Where's your bae at?" She asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows at her in confusion. "What the hell is a 'bae'?" I questioned, and she looked at me confused as well. "You don't know what that means? Wait, do you even know any modern slang?" She asked in response, and I deadpanned at her. "Mina, I was raised in isolation by the worst villain in history. Kuro went out and learned a few things for me a few times, but I'm not as up-to-date as you and everyone else." I said blandly, and she face palmed and waved her hand at me dismissively. "All right, after classes are over, I'm rounding the girls up again so we can teach you everything. We'll explain it to you then." She told me.

Mina looked at me again. "What I meant was, where's Hawks?" She asked, and I 'oh'ed, realizing that 'bae' must be a term of endearment for a romantic partner. "He was called by his agency to help with patrols." I explained, and she nodded in understanding, smiling as she helped me stand and hooked her arm around mine. "Okay! Then I'll spend time with you today!" She said cheerfully. Feeling left out, Kuro went to my other side, copying Mina. "I'll help, too!" She offered. Mina cheered and high-fived Kuro, but was surprised when they made contact. "Oh, I forgot to mention that Kuro and Kaida can choose to let others make contact with them." I explained as we walked into the gym, the others already inside and preparing for the training session. "That's cool." She said.

"Nara, come here." Aizawa called, motioning me to join him at the side of the gym away from everyone else. Mina and I parted ways, Kuro returning as my shadow as I walked up to Aizawa. "What's up, Papa?" I greeted with a smirk and my hands on my hips. "You understand that we will be confronting All For One and the Liberation Front in the future. I want you to help us prepare for the next battle. You will be giving us advice on how to improve our quirks and fighting techniques, while also informing us of the villains' known weaknesses. The one I want you to focus on the most in training is Midoriya since he will be the main target for the villains. If he needs any help with his quirk, help him, and tell him everything he needs to know in order to survive the next fight." He told me seriously, and my smirk fell as I became serious as well. "Okay." I agreed, though I instinctively wanted to say, 'Yes, Father'. 'You betrayed me and your family only to have the same purpose. Do you regret it, Rin?' All For One asked me, and I could practically see his damn smug grin. 'Fuck off already, douchebag.' I growled back. "I'll train with Izuku first, then help out with the others during the hero course training classes." I added, and Aizawa nodded before motioning me to go start.