Distant and Jealous

~Third pov~

Nearly the rest of the day, Keigo kept his distance from Nara. He gathered the trash and wiped down the windows on the boys' side of the dorm without speaking to or even looking at her, though his wings were ruffled, showing that he was still clearly affected by what happened that morning. Nara didn't bother approaching him, a bit amused and thinking that he was probably still flustered by what she did to him, but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't hurt by him avoiding her, also thinking that he was probably upset with her instead. As they finished their chores, Keigo quickly putting the cleaning supplies away before going to his room as Nara went to put the vacuum away, she looked at his turned back with a small frown, wishing that he would look at her with his loving smile and say something to her.

The both of them showered and dressed for training, then left the dorms, Keigo flying ahead to the gym while Nara walked dejectedly. She didn't even feel like doing her warmup exercises that she's been doing these past few days, simply sitting on the ground by the gym doors while Keigo leaned against the gym a couple feet away from her. The silence between them was killing her, but she respected his need for alone time, choosing not to bother him instead of trying to fix things between them. Some time passed, and the 1-A class arrived at the gym, cheerfully greeting the pair. Keigo greeted them back just as cheerfully, though Nara was a bit more subdued as she stood from the ground, giving small greetings with a just as small smile. Most of them thought it was just that she was still upset from what happened to her yesterday, but Katsuki, Tokoyami and Izuku noticed something was going on between her and Keigo. Katsuki and Tokoyami looked at the two while Katsuki glared, wondering what happened, but left it alone to focus on their training. Izuku, however, went to Nara with a smile. "Hi, Nara. Are you ready to start training again?" He asked in greeting, and her smile widened as she nodded.

They all went inside the gym, Keigo staying behind at the entrance with Aizawa as the others went further into the gym, but he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and suspicion when he noticed Nara and Izuku going to the back of the gym to train. He unfurled his wings a bit and focused on the feathers on Nara's necklace, wanting to listen in on their conversation and sense what they're doing. He found it strange that Nara would be helping Izuku, thinking that their quirks weren't similar enough to train together. He also figured that if she was training him on how to fight herself or Shigaraki, that she'd be doing the same for everyone else. "Nara, did something happen between you and Hawks?" Izuku asked hesitantly once they were far away from everyone. "Why do you ask?" Nara asked nonchalantly, acting like there was nothing wrong, and Izuku shuffled a bit nervously, afraid that he might upset her with his questions. "You two just seem a little distant from each other today." He pointed out, and though she pursed her lips to try and hide her emotions, she rolled her eyes at him indifferently. "Don't worry about it. Let's just get started on your training." She told him, and he hesitated again before nodding.

Remembering something, Izuku's eyes lit up and he grinned at Nara. "Oh, I forgot to mention! While we were out on patrol, the Second and Third users of One For All finally accepted me! I'm able to use their quirks now!" He said in excitement, and she rose an eyebrow at him. "Really? How'd that happen?" She asked, and Izuku paused in thought. "I think Yoichi-san spoke with them, but it might've also been because of what you told them." He explained, and she nodded in understanding. "That's good. Now we can work on their quirks. Sit down. We're going back into your vestige realm to train in there instead of out here." Nara told him, and he nodded before they sat down, mirroring each other and holding their hands like they did yesterday. As they closed their eyes to focus on entering the vestige realm, Keigo spoke up to Aizawa. "Hey, Eraser. How come Nara's training with Midoriya?" He asked, the two men continuing to watch the students instead of looking at each other as they talked. "She's helping him with his quirk and showing him how to fight herself and Shigaraki." Aizawa explained simply. "Shouldn't she be doing that with everyone else, too?" Keigo questioned. "She gives the others advice on how to improve their quirks after training is over. She also mentioned that she'll be helping them train once she's done with Midoriya since he's the villains' main target. We want him to be the most prepared in the fight to come. I'm going to have her test all of them on their improvement at a later date." Aizawa replied. Keigo understood what he was saying, but he couldn't help feeling suspicious and jealous of Nara and Izuku spending so much time together, focusing on them carefully to see if either of them does something to the other.