Ambush Pt 1

Lane Boy - Twenty One Pilots

"We must conclude that there is some sort of problem with the management of U.A. High. Even if my child wanted to become a hero, I could not possibly enroll-"

Nīsan turned the TV off and chuckled. "I'm really grateful for all the publicity we've been getting. Hey, don't you agree... Katsuki Bakugou?" He said, turning to look at him. We were all already looking at Katsuki, who was strapped to a chair and his hands sealed in a metal box. I grinned in maniacal delight over his treatment, tempted to torture him in every way possible since he wasn't going anywhere, but Nīsan already ordered me not to hurt him. A girl could dream, can't she? Meanwhile, Nīsan tried convincing Katsuki to join us, to no avail, and I was starting to get annoyed at how stubborn these two were. "I'll ask you one more time, aspiring hero, Katsuki Bakugou... Will you join me?" Nīsan asked again, and Katsuki grinned. "If you're gonna talk in your sleep, you should just go to sleep and die." He mocked, and I sighed from my seat on a barstool, tilting my head back in frustration as I really wanted to slap him.

"It's no use, Nīsan. I've already told you before, he won't turn. He's too determined to become number one hero, to win like All Might to do so, and would take any hits from us instead of giving in. I'd say he'd rather die, but he'd be too stubborn to die and will try killing all of us in the process." I said, closing my eyes and relaxing against the table. Suddenly, the news showed a video of Principal Nezu, Vlad King, and my biological father, Aizawa. I stared hard at his image as the video played, just the sight of him beginning to make Kaida surface.

"And now, please watch a clip from U.A. High School's apology press conference that just occurred." The news reporter said. "We deeply apologize for the incident that allowed harm to come to 27 first years of the hero course because of our unpreparedness. We apologize for causing unease in society due to our negligence in properly defending ourselves as a place of learning. We are truly sorry." Aizawa said as the three of them bowed at the end, and I grinned maniacally as my emotions stormed inside me. "That bastard hates being on the media, yet he'd do it for this...?" I questioned. "I'm from Yomiuri TV. Since the beginning of the year, U.A. High School students have had four encounters with villains. This time, there were even students injured. How did you explain to their families, and what are some specific countermeasures you are taking?" A reporter asked. "We will increase policing in the surrounding area and review the security within the school, ensuring the students' safety with a strong position. That is what we told them." Nezu responded.

Nīsan turned the TV off again. "It's so strange... Why are the heroes being criticized? The way they were dealing with things was just a little off the mark. Is it because it's their job to protect? Everyone makes a mistake or two. Are they supposed to be perfect? Modern-day heroes are so uptight. Don't you think, Bakugou?" He ranted mockingly to Katsuki. Meanwhile, I was stewing in my thoughts, my nails digging into the table. 'That bastard of a dad went and apologized for not taking better care of his students. Where's the apology for me? Where's my apology, huh?' I thought angrily, Kaida's red eyes reflecting back at me from the screen. "Once heroes receive compensation to protect people, they aren't heroes anymore. That is Stain's teaching." Spinner said from his spot against the wall. "The strange system of transforming people's lives into money or glory... The society that sticks tight to those rules... The citizens who blame the losers rather than encourage them... Our fight is to question: What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly just? We'll have everyone thinking about it. We're planning on winning. You like winning, too, right?" Nīsan continued as Katsuki glared at him.

"Dabi, release his restraints." Nīsan ordered, and Dabi turned to him. "Huh? This guy's gonna fight, you know." He told him, but Nīsan spread his arms out optimistically. "It's fine. Rin can stop him if he tries anything, and we need to treat him like an equal, since we're scouting him. Besides, you can tell if you'll win or not if you fight in this situation, right, U.A. student?" He said, speaking to Katsuki at the end. "Twice, you do it." Dabi told Twice. "What, me? No way." He denied. "Do it." Dabi insisted, and Twice moved to do as told. "I do apologize for using such forceful methods. But please understand that we are not just a mob trying to commit crimes." Compress told Katsuki. "Don't apologize to him. He deserves whatever harsh treatments he gets." I scoffed as I glared at him, but Nīsan put a hand on my shoulder. "Now, now, Rin. I know you've had your differences with Bakugou in the past, but if he's going to join us, you have to learn to let go and get along with him." He said, and I scoffed again before looking away.