Breakfast and Promise

~3rd pov~

It was 7:30 am when the class 1-A students woke up and prepared for school. As they were hanging around the common room, waiting for Momo and Shoji to finish making breakfast, they spoke to each other about Nara in worry. "I wonder if she's alright now." Jiro said. "She didn't come out of her room at all yesterday. We're lucky Bakugou even convinced her to eat dinner before going to sleep." Denki added. "I'm not sure. I heard her crying and yelling something last night from below my room." Hagakure replied. "Did you hear what she was saying?" Ochaco asked. "No, I couldn't hear because of the storm." Hagakure said sadly.

"I thought I heard her with Hawks last night in his room. Maybe he helped her calm down?" Sato commented unsurely, but Iida chopped the air as if to stop him. "They are not allowed to stay in each other's room. School dorm policy doesn't allow it, and Aizawa-sensei especially wouldn't allow it since they are a couple." He protested. "Either way, we should probably go and check on her." Izuku said. "One of you have to go get her, anyway. Breakfast is ready." Momo called from the kitchen, her and Shoji listening to the conversation. "Oh, I'll go!" Mina volunteered cheerfully before taking off to the girl's stairway.

Mina bound up the stairs and jogged to Nara's room, but as she reached the door, she hesitated. 'Will she even want me to come in?' Mina wondered in concern, but brushed it off. 'No, we can't let her be sulking in her room anymore.' She told herself stubbornly. With that, Mina opened the door with her cheerful smile back on her face and went to take a step inside. "Nara, breakfast is ready- Eek!" She let out a short shriek when a soft yet sharp red feather flew up from the bottom of the doorway, stopping at her neck in warning. Mina was frozen in fear, her hands up in surrender as she looked at the bed in the room.

Nara and Keigo had returned to her room after their talk and Keigo had dressed in pajamas. They laid down in her bed in their usual position - curled up together on their sides with one of Keigo's wings draped over them like a blanket, his other wing tucked between his back and the wall. However, before falling asleep, Keigo had set up his own defense system in a way, still uneasy about what he found in that abandoned building. He had tucked a feather in the balcony door and under the bedroom door. If anyone were to enter the room, he would sense and stop them with the feather.

Now awake from the abrupt entrance, Keigo lifted his head up to glare menacingly at Mina from over his wing, holding Nara closer to him protectively. "H-Hawks, it's just me, Mina Ashido! I-I wanted to check on Nara, a-and let her know breakfast i-is ready!" Mina squeaked, and she flinched as she felt the feather press itself a bit harder on her neck.

"How do I know you're not Himiko Toga in disguise, coming to kidnap Nara?" Keigo demanded, his voice deep and husky from just waking up. Though it was attractive to Nara, it currently scared Mina, especially when it felt like his golden eyes were piercing her through the dark room. "I-I don't know what you mean!" Mina protested in fear and confusion, sweat dripping down the side of her face.

Nara grumbled and smacked Keigo's chest, making him look down at her in surprise as she glared up at him in tired irritation. He and Mina woke her up, his deep morning voice and her shrieks pulling Nara from her sleep. "Knock it off, Keigo. Mina isn't Toga in disguise." She grumbled at him, but he frowned. "How are you sure about that when you just woke up?" Keigo questioned. 'It's too early for this shit.' Nara thought to herself as she growled out loud in annoyance. "First, Mina has alibis - I can sense the other 1-A students downstairs and hear Katsuki yelling from here." They paused and noticed she was right, hearing Katsuki yelling at Shoto about something. "Yeah, I was just with them! They can tell you I was with them the whole time!" Mina agreed frantically, wanting the sharp feather away from her neck already. "Second, the school set up safety measures because of Toga's quirk. I heard Aizawa and Nezu talking about it when I was accepted into the school." Nara added.