12- A new companion

"So can you fix it?"

The electric type gym leader pushed his glasses further up his nose and studied the three chips I had handed him, the ones used to corrupt the Mega evolution of the three Scizor I had battled. "I might be able to rebuild one but why?"

I frowned and crossed my arms. "Cause I want to figure out how it's done. What those people are doing it wrong and someone has to stop it."

After proceeding to blow up what ever I could see after my encounter with Cyrus (As well as scare the hell out of some wild Pokemon) I headed to the gym leader of Lumious city Clement. He was apparently a really good inventor and chances were he could help me figure out what these things were, and more importantly- how they were stopped.

"Oh I can tell you that. By the looks of it, these chips receive a signal of some sort of energy. The chip then focuses it into the power of Mega Evolution this forcing it to stay in its Mega form."

"Then why does it look different?"

"It might be something to do with the bond on trainer and Pokémon. Pokèmon can only Mega evolve when they have a strong bond with their trainer. If these Pokémon are being forced to Mega Evolve, or even being stolen from their trainer like the kids you helped then the bond between the person they're battling with obviously isn't that strong... or possibly, it's a side effect."

"Right." I mumbled. I remember when I fist caught Guardian she wouldn't Mega Evolve straight away. It did take a while of training until she would Mega Evolve. Aura could alway Mega Evolve since she evolved from Riolu closer to the start of my journey. "So how can we stop it? Those things gave me a hard time and I'm stronger then your average trainer, not trying to be rude or anything. I don't think that they'll all have the chip in the same place as the Scizor, so that'll be a pain."

Clemontt shook his head. "I won't know that until I rebuild one of these."

"And how long will that take?"

"They should be done by the next time you come around."

"Come around?"

"You see, in order to collect all the gym badges you need to pass through Lumious city a few times in order to get from the east side to the west and vice versa. If you travel on to Camphreir town, Coumarine city, Laverre city or Dendemille town from here you'll loop around and end up back here."

I nodded. "Well that's convenient... Since I'm here would you mind a battle?"

"Normally I prefer to battle trainers who have acquired at least four gym badges but I don't see a problem in your case."

I gave a small smirk. "This should be interesting then."

~*🌸*~

"Okay Trixie, finish with Flamethrower!" I ordered.

~Okie-dokie!~ Trixie sung and shot out the fire type attack, finishing off Magnamite.

Magnamite fell to the ground and didn't get up. I crossed my arms and smirked. Piece of cake.

"Good battle." I nodded.

Both Patunia an Dreamer had been knocked out, as well as Rio and Trixie wasn't far from it. I'd lost Dreamer and Petunia to Magnaton and Rio managed a tie with Heliolisk leaving Trixie finished off Magnamite.

"Defiantly can tell you're a champion. Good luck in Kalos Emma." Clemonttt nodded and handed me the badge.

I nodded and returned Trixie. "Thanks." I nodded and turned to leave but was stopped by a small girl who looked kinda similar to Clement.