48- Bad turns

"Got any... threes?" Red asked, eyes trained on the cards in his hands.

Rolling my eyes I shook my head. "For the fifth time in a row, no."

Silver elbowed his side, glaring slightly at my boyfriend.

"Don't think I don't know what you two are doing." I sighed, placing my cards face down in front of me.

"What would that be?" Silver questioned, obviously somewhat nervous by my accusation.

I rose an eyebrow at his attempt to play innocent. "You two have let me win for the past three rounds of Go-Frillish, a game I normally suck at, stop going easy on me. I'm not a little kid." A frown crossed my features as I hung my head slightly.

Silver and Red looked between each other but I continued before they could talk.

"I know you guys are trying to help and make me feel better, but letting me win every round of Go-Frillish really isn't. I've already got Kathrine taking away practically every aspect of my independence that is humanly possible and I don't need you two letting me have little pity victories of card games." I looked between Silver and Red, both held slightly guilty looks in their eyes. "Please, just play the game normally because these stupid pity wins really mean nothing to me and are simply making me feel more and more incompetent because I simply don't have the control I should over my own life..."

My brother scooted in closer to me, hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry... We were just trying to make you feel better."

"I know, and you have no idea how much I appreciate you trying to make me feel better but... Just not like this." I said as I looked up at him, smiling slightly to assure him I wasn't actually angry with them.

"Okay, we're sorry." Silver repeated, letting me go and resuming his position. "Now... Got any kings?"

Smiling every so bitterly, I handed my brother my king and we resumed our game. This time, Silver won though I'm not at all disappointed.

~*🌸*~

My day off ended far to quickly. There wasn't much for the three of us to do, mainly just play random card games. Silver and Red also spent the day listening to me vent, taking turns comforting me in various ways, from cuddling me to giving me reassuring pep talks but in either case, I was glad to have Silver and Red with me again.

I looked up at Red, sleeping soundly as it was late at night. I was still struggling to sleep, despite the fact that Silver and Red were with me, I was too scared of nightmares. Shifting slightly in Red's arms, I buried my head into his vest, inhaling the forest-like sent of his vest. Feeling someone rubbing my back, I looked up to meet Red's crimson hues looking down at me me with a sleepy expression.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... just..." I sighed deeply, snuggling back into his vest. "Scared of tomorrow."

My boyfriend gently ran his fingers through my hair. "You'll be fine." By his tone, he wasn't so sure but was doing his best to simply make me feel better.

I let out an exhausted sigh, shaking my head. "There's just so many Pokémon... I want to help them all but, I don't think I can. My powers haven't been activated in weeks, what if I can't even do it?"

Red continued to comb my hair. He seemed unsure with what to do, his eyes worried, even somewhat distressed and I could tell he knew I could see it. "I'm sorry Em, I just... I don't know what to say. I know you're strong, unbelievably so and I know this is hard for you, but..." He sighed. "I'm sorry..."