39- Battle bonds

"Melody, stand by!" I called, throwing her Luxury Ball into the air. It did a double spin before opening, the mechanical sound of a materialising Pokémon followed the bright blue light that took seconds to form into my Meloetta.

She did a quick spin in the air, getting ready in a battle stance. Her brilliant bright blue eyes filled with disgust as she snarled fiercely at Kathrine, which is understandable on many levels above my normal Pokémon. Meloetta is know as the protecter of The Voice of Purity and Melody has a strong bond with both Purity and I, not to mention her strong friendship with Faith who's pain no doubt was no doubt felt by my Melody Pokémon. She's down right pissed and I'm not far behind.

"Go, Absol." Kathrine smirked, paying no mind to Melody's look of disgust.

Instinctively, my hand closed around Guardians Pokéball, feeling the warmth of the Absol inside. My hands started shaking as I reminded myself that my own Absol was safe. She was perfectly fine during the hour is been given to plan and strategies for this battle and she'd not left my side since I returned her. I was still shaken from Faith's battle, the condition she was currently in was horrible and I knew she couldn't safely leave her Pokéball until she was in a Pokémon Centre or I had my healing abilities back.

I lightly blew hair from my face, tensing then relaxing my fists as my last opponent materialised. Rather then darkened while fur that smoothed over the body of a regular Absol, the corrupted form of it's mega had shaggy, midnight black fur, disheveled and over grown. It's however were hardly representative of it's body, devil like angel wings lay curled aside it's body. Green claws scratched trails through the dirt as it flicked it's head back, sickly green horm reflecting the light as it pulsed it's evil colour. It's pupiless grew eyes landed on Melody, snarling fiercely as it crouched low, ready to pounce.

"I do believe you have a Mega Absol, am I right Emma?" Kathrine smirked with a devilish smile. "You are quite lucky I must say, yours was almost the one you'd be forced to battle right now but you managed to slip from my base with it just before my scientists were ready with the syrum."

A bitter nod was my only reply before I called my first attack. "Relic Song Melody!"

With a brief nod, the Melody Pokémon shut her eyes, singing her song of life and beauty. Most people couldn't understand the tune but naturally, I could. As her words rung through the field, she spun around and danced to the lyrics. Her dress parted into four parts, resembling a tutu. The soft black headpiece moved along her hair, ringing out chimes of pure notes as it struck the blue dots that decorated her hair like feature, changing it from summer green to autumn orange as it curled around to rest a top her head. Sparks of light emitted elegantly for her body as she pulled a final pose.

Melody was now in her Pirouette form, rather then her regular Aria form. Her typing had changed from a Normal and Psychic type to a Normal and Fighting type which would give her the edge over a Mega Absol.

Not to mention that Relic Song did a reasonable amount of damage.

"Night Slash Absol."

"Counter with Close Combat!"

The razor like horn of Absol's glowed it's usual sickly green colour, fusing with the blackness of the Night Slash while Melody's fists glowed with the fighting energy of her Close Combat. She growled at her opponent, charging in to dance elegantly out of the way of Absol's Night Slash only to slam in the side of the face with her Fighting type attack. After several blows, Melody jumped doing a twirl as she landed in from of me.

Absol tossed it's head slightly before charging forward with another Night Slash at the ready. The Mythical Pokémon was caught off guard, thrown to the side by the powerful Dark type attack but just like Absol, she simply brushed off the attack, rising in the air to retake her battle ready stance.