60- Comatose

~Silver's pov~

I gently swiped my pass over the doors lock, listening as the mechanical beep confirmed my identity and granted me permission to enter. Pushing the door open, I walked into the room Emma was staying in. She was the same as yesterday and yesterday was the same as the five months before that. Laying beneath her starchy white duvet keeping her warm, a range of tubes connected to her body, serving various purposes to keep her alive. I hated seeing her like this but I'd promised myself that I'd visit my little sister every day to sit and talk with her, even if she couldn't do so back.

Red was already with Emma, neatly arranging the new bouquet of flowers he'd bought her in the ceramic vase he'd also gotten her months ago. He did the same thing every two weeks, buy her new flowers that is. He'd fuss and fret over the way they sat, wanting them to be perfect for when his girlfriend did eventually wake up. I must admit, he was loyal. Red had refused to leave Blackthorn City on all but one occasion to visit his mother, he was scared that if he did, he would miss the moment Emma woke up from her coma. I didn't expect him to stay this long honestly, I figured he'd give up and leave a month or two after Emma fell into the coma but he remained loyally by her side to this day.

The ruby eyed trainer wrapped up the dying flowers in a plastic bag, sitting it aside before taking his seat next to Emma, holding her hand as he watched her face for signs she may be waking up. For a moment, the shiny Umbreon at her feet raised its head, yawning slightly before watching Red with her amber eyes.

Hope had been released from the Pokémon Centre's care a few months ago with nothing more then a broken hind-leg remaining of her battle against Kathrine. The Dark-type had been by Emma's side since, refusing to leave for anything. Trust had been much the same although she had a later release then her sister due to internal injuries needing more time to heal but now the two were perfectly fine with the exception of Hope's leg remaining in it's cast, until next week anyway.

In fact, all Emma's Pokémon had made a full recovery. They were devastated when they'd been told about their trainers condition- each feeling horrible for their inability to protect Emma better then they had but they all agreed they were at least happy she was home and relatively uninjured, despite being in a coma. Melody had said Emma's coma was caused from the exertation of too much power, it was simply more than she had right now and without that source of power to depend on, her body and mind had shut down to her comatose state. Although, the Meloetta didn't think it would be much longer until Emma woke as she had recovered much of the lost energy.

Red turned, content with the condition of his newest gift to Emma, spying me by the door. "Silver..." He stated, unsure of what to do in the situation. I'd always found it amusing how on-edge he could be around me. He understood that I was Emma's older brother and was only just below Claire's authority when it came to any decision involving my little sister. "I was just erm... leaving..."

"Don't leave on my account." I stated, leaning against the wall with a dull smirk. "I'm sure Emma enjoys your visits and gifts."

My little sisters boyfriend shook his head. "No, I promised to call my mother this morning anyway, I just wanted to get Emma's flowers set up before that. Keep the room bright you know, happy for when she does wake up."

"And I'm sure she appreciates that." I smiled somewhat as I turned my gaze to my unconscious sister. "Listen Red, thanks for- you know- sticking around. I honestly didn't expect you'd stay with Emma this long but I'm glad you did. I'm not sure how'd Emma react if she woke to find you'd gone but--" Oh Arceus why do I suck so bad with words? "Just thank you."