42- It begins

Morning came with the effects of siren to wake me. Literally. The high pitch "we-a-woo" of the alarm that refused to stop until I sat up and threw a pillow at the security camera out of annoyance. I am not a morning person under any situation.

"Firetruck yourselves, all of you!" I groaned, flopping back down on my bed. After such a restless night I was ready to do nothing for, let's say, ever. But yet, Shadows warning for yesterday hung over me like a dark cloud, reminding me that whatever Team Rift wanted me for, it would start today.

A loud beep filled the room, threading the alarm to start off once more. I sighed heavily, sitting up to give the camera an unamused "are ya happy now?" face. Deciding that I wanted to be as annoying as possible that morning (without getting anyone in trouble) I decided to take an hour long shower so I wouldn't be pestered until later. They wake me up, they can deal with my shitty mood, even Silver knows better then to wake me up and he learnt that the very hard way. The Moonblast to the face kind of way.

To my complete surprise, both the hot and cold taps worked in the bathroom (though after the first half an hour the hot water was shut off, guess no one told these guys I spent six months with a waterfall as my shower while living in Pinwheel Forest so this was nothing). When I was satisfied with the amount of time wasted, I changed into the spare clothes sitting in the cupboard.

The shimmery dark blue tank top, accompanied by a white jacket with silver sequinned high lights along the bottom and pockets, were both tight fitting (with the expedition of the hood) as was the black jeans I wore with it, also highlighted with sequins. The outfit was meant as slightly more as a going out somewhere nice outfit but I really didn't care as the point. I pulled on a fresh pair of socks before leaving the bathroom to vetch my joggers which I'd left beside me bed.

Leaving the bathroom, I strolled through my cell as if I didn't just waste an hour in the shower, humming the chorus to the Asshole song under my breath. A breakfast tray sat on the bedside table, funny, I didn't hear anyone come in but then, I wasn't really paying attention to anything. I huffed lightly, feeling unamused as well as confused by the small stack of warm pancakes and apple juice. Yeah, I'm not eating those.

I waited around my cell for what felt like hours, realistically it was only half and hour or so but who realistically cares?

The door open to reveal Maxine, inspecting her nails boredly. "Your mum wants you kid."

"She's not my mum." I huffed, turning away from the admin.

Maxine sighed heavily, pulling a face implying she'd rather be in bed right now. "Whatever, just follow me." She said, irritation seeping heavily into her tone.

"No, I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

"Procrastinating duh." I rolled my eyes as if it were obvious.

In case you haven't guessed, I feel like being an asshole right now and that's exactly what I'm going to be, don't like it then go read 'Find my voice' or something. (A/N #ShamelessAdvertisingIsShameless)

"You like making things difficult don't you?"

"How else would I have fun around here?"

Maxine pinched the bridge on her nose with her thumb and forefinger, clearly not enjoying this as much as I was. "Just follow me, without complaining."