44- A new Dark Room

The week passed without much notice. Kathrine kept me on a consistent tight schedule which bugged me more then I care to put into words. Each day followed relatively the same events and I still had not been allowed to see Silver or Red once, even when I didn't follow my usual antics and behaved myself, in Kathrine's definition anyway.

Growling angrily, I hit the dummy in front of my once more. The buzzer sounded off and I stopped, folding my arms over my chest as the scientists studied the impact marks on the dummy. Even without my powers I'd left reasonable dents in the foam like plastic since each blow was fuelled by my anger. Kathrine also entered the room, not even sparing me a glance as the lab coated men went over the statics and what not of my morning 'routine'.

I sat down in a corner, hoping to be ignore as I gently tested my pulled shoulder muscle, wincing as the pain increased. I hadn't bothered to tell Kathrine about it, even though I was meant to tell her if I'd hurt myself but I didn't want to risk my friends getting hurt because my shoulder was injured. It did swell a little but I couldn't tell if it had gotten better or worse of the week but it still hurt when I moved it to much. I'd trained myself years ago it be ambitious so it wasn't normally to much of a bother, unless to moved it to quickly in the wrong direction.

Cyrus also entered the room and began conversing with Kathrine about things I couldn't be bothered to eavesdrop on, instead I blew my fringe from my face, shutting my eyes to focus on my aura. I found it easier I situations like these to use aura rather then regular eyesight as it was more calming and helped ease my nerve. With the presence of Cyrus often not far away, I was always felt set on edge.

"You hardly even know the girl!"

I snapped from my thoughts, frowning at Kathrine and Cyrus arguing as if I weren't even there. The memory of the night Kathrine had left mewing Cyrus struggled to surface but I pushed them aside, knowing now was not the time to be thinking of such things.

"Like you know her any better."

"And I don't exist again." I sighed to myself, leaning back against the wall. This surprisingly wasn't uncommon, though they haven't before today argued directly in front of me, Kathrine and Cyrus fought at least once a day. More often then not I was put on break or sent from the room but now, as was becoming more common, I was being treated like I didn't exist during moments that suited my birth parents.

For a moment I just sat there before I rose to my feet and snuck from the room, as expected, Shadow was there, watching with an amused expression through the one way window. "Having fun my dear."

"Shut up." I muttered, followed by a snarl as I look at Kathrine and Cyrus fighting. "I can't stand them."

"Not so keen on them either." Shadow mused.

I glared at him. "I believe I just said that." Although I hated Shadow with a passion, I found him to be slightly more tolerable then Cyrus and Kathrine combined.

"I believe you have a question?" Shadow smirked, looking at me from the corner of his cold blue eyes.

Rolling my eyes, I glowered slightly. "How do you do that?"

"Years of practice my dear. Now, your question?

"Are Silver and Red alright?" I asked hesitantly with a sigh. "No one's telling me anything about them."

"They are being taken care of and are both in good health. I do believe you were told that they would not be harmed and would be properly taken care of."