22- The Guardian Angel

I woke with a splitting headache. I winced and raised my hand to my head while using my other arm to push up my torso. It was then that I noticed that I could stretch out freely without a cage to limit my movements. I looked around to see I was lying at the edge of an open field in a soft bed of clovers. A fire was flickering in front of me casing shadows in the late afternoon light. My seven Pokèballs were sitting in front of me including Melody's empty one, Guardian's was still in my pocket.

My gaze landed on a large rock sitting not to far away, a single Pokemon stood on top giving me a concerned look. Seeing me awake, the Ninetales jumped from her perch and slowly made her way over to me. "You okay?" Night asked.

Slowly I nodded, confused to why exactly she was here. "How...?" Was all I managed to get out before I was sent into a coughing fit as what remained of the smoke was forced from my lungs.

Night gently patted me on the back with her front paw until I stopped, breathing hard to regain the lost air. "How are you here?" I finished.

Night gave me a small, awkward smile. "Remember how Arceus told you that you were given a guardian angel? Well..." She gave me the smirk only Night could give.

"It's you?" I replied bluntly.

She nodded. "That's why I went quiet. You can't exactly travel to the other side of the region in a day."

I nodded and hit her from the back of her head. "That was for ditching me."

Night rolled her eyes. "Kinda deserved that didn't I?"

"So where are we?" I asked, clipping my Pokèballs to my belt.

Night left my side and went over to what looked like the shell of a large hollowed out fruit of some sort that had been filled with water. "Outskirts of Geosenge Town. Well what's left of it, after an incident that happened last year it was left ruins. It's been mostly abandoned since." She explained, using her nose to carefully guide the makeshift bowl of water to me.

She signalled me to drink it while going back to fetch a small pile of berries that had been piled up on a large leaf. "I though you might be hungry, since I don't exactly know when you ate last."

I gratefully accepted the berries and water. "How long was I out?"

Night looked towards the sky for a moment as if trying to tell by the sun what time it was. "Couple hours, not to long. I was able to gather that stuff while you were out."

I nodded and looked toward my X-transceiver, checking if I had a signal. I had a low one, but that's all I'd need to be able to call my brother. I scrolled through my contacts and found Silver at the top under the name of Ariel. I smirked to myself while tapping the name and waiting for it to ring.

Silver picked up first ring looking relived when he saw me looking through the screen. "Where have you been!?" He practically yelled.

I frowned at him through the camera. "Relax Snowflake I'm fine."

Silver was then pushed out of the way and replaced with Meoldy. ~Are you kidding? For the past week you're emotions have been everywhere! I've been so worried about you, you're on the complete other side of Kalos!~ Melody threw her arms up in annoyance.

I flinched at her tone and but down on my lip. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. It hasn't exactly been easy for me either." I glared at her.

Melody's gaze softened. ~It's fine but I expect and explanation. Where are you?~

I looked over at Night. "Where did you say we were?"

"Geosenge Town." Night shrugged, looking over my shoulder.