Epilogue

With ruby eyes blazing, Red ran through the halls of the hospital, weaving through crowds of doctors and sick men, woman and children. None of these people meant much to him in this instant and he pushed his way through to get to the room his wife had been assigned mere hours ago. His dead X-transceiver clung to his wrist as he again reminded himself how stupid he had been for letting it die at work, if he hadn't then perhaps he could have picked up the phone call.

He paused when he came to the room he'd been told his wife was in, breathing heavily from exhaustion. After calming his breath he pushed open the door, peering in at his small family beyond.

Emma, his beautiful wife, sat in her bed, bright blue eyes beading with tears. Her older brother sat beside her, hugging her sideways with a small, reassuring smile over his features as he stroked her sweat drenched hair. Silver looked up at Red as he entered the room, still somewhat out of breath from the rush over. His brother in law said nothing as he moved away, allowing him to move in close to his wife who was brought into a fresh fit of sobs with his arrival.

The pink bundle of fabric in her arms shifted and the tiny mewling of a baby rung through the room. Emma smiled down as her child, gently hushing her as she raised her up, stroking her cheek with the loving touch of a mother. "Hush now sweet heart, daddy's here now. It's okay, he's not scary, see." The Voice of Purity held her daughter up, letting the newborn see her father for the first time.

Red was beaming with pride for his daughter as he slipped the child into his own arms. "She's perfect Emma." He smiled, lightly kissing his child on the forehead. "Absolutely perfect." A small tear ran down his own cheek.

"So," Silver interrupted, handing his own son over to his wife. Destiny smiled as the little two year old shifted in effort to get a look at his little cousin. "what is the much anticipated name of your daughter?"

Both Red and Emma had kept the decided name of their child a secret from the rest of the family, brushing off every attempt to find out but today they simply smiled, looking at each other with eyes bright and proud.

Emma looked up at her older brother and his small family. Years ago, when she was still just a teenager, she'd been told that her ability to carry a child had been severely impacted by many childhood injuries but the baby in her arms was proof that miracles could happen as the doctors had been amazed by the health of the child from the moment she took her first breath. Out of every achievement the young adult had made, every region she remain champion of, her career as a singer and her passed lawing to make life for people like her, those with connection to legendary Pokémon, so much easier, the little baby girl in her arms was by far the best achievement she had ever made. She looked from Silver, to Destiny to young Chrome and then to her husband before settling her gaze on her child.

"Her name is Harmony." Emma smiled, kissing her now sleeping child's head with a softness to rival that of a Beautifly's wingbeat. "Harmony Angela Fire, the next in line to be Voice of Purity."

~*~*~*🌸*~*~*~
Word count: 570
(Told ya it was short)

Holly crap guys... the 'Why?' series is over! Three years I've work completed and I couldn't be more proud of this! I've loved this entire journey and I've made so many friends (and enemies but idiots are unavoidable in life)

But I've decided to make an entire chapter of sappiness at the end which I'm still writing but it'll be up soon, okie dokie~! Please let me know how you guys feel about the 'Why?' series now that it's over! (I'm literally crying, like not even metaphorically, I am in tears right now!)