40- Battle with angels

The Pure Energy was strengthened by my own aura, having been the original source of Mega Evolution in the past. Throughout history there have been numerous occasions where trainers with impossibly strong bonds have been able to harness the power without the use of Mega Stones, having forged a connection so strong with their Pokémon that they have been able to naturally understand their trainers wishes and needs for power to transform themselves. As time passed, this ability was lost to many as the selfish desires of humanity suppressed the bonds between people and Pokémon and the Pure Energy that bond made instead took the form of Mega Stones and Key Stones alike which is why my Mega Pokémon are some of the hardest to beat in the world, the connection I shared with my Pokémon made stronger by my essence of Voice of Purity gave me an edge to each battle with the only problem that Guardian wasn't the strongest Pokémon I had, nothing against her but she was far from it. If Aura was here, this match would have been won before it even started but I'd have to make do for now.

Two angelic wings unfolded from Guardian's back, flapping slightly as my Absol adjusted quickly to the new limbs. Her horn gained a more elegant curve as she flicked her new, longer fringe from her eyes. She was the only true mega evolution I had seen for a while and it felt good to battle by her side once more.

"A 'true bond' is hardly needed for power, I took down two of your strongest without breaking a sweat. Look at yourself, trembling in anger. You can hardly keep your mind in the battle." Kathrine snickered.

I forced myself not to retort, the thought of my friends keeping my rising temper at bay, for now at least. "Guardian, Play Rough!" I ordered, knowing the riskiness of this match up. Guardian only knew physical moves meaning she's have to get in close to the powered up Mega Absol then I would have liked but she did know Swords Dance so if I could get in a spare moment, I would be able to power her up.

Guardian charged, her movements filled with grace and power, much like that on an angel... Maybe Night has some competition.

The horn of my Disaster Pokémon shone with the pinkish white glow of her fairy type attack. She snarled when her opponent leapt out of the way before she attempted several more hits, throwing her head from side to side in attempt to hit her opponent. Guardian could be just as stubborn as me when she wanted it be, which was ist the time.

"Night Slash Absol."

"Block it!"

The air ring with the sound of the two horns clashing, sparks flying through the air as the fairy type Play Rough fought against the powered up Night Slash. The attacks seemed evenly matched as each Absol fought for dominance over the other.

Gritting my teeth frustration, I called out the risk move. "Swords dance."

Guardian broke the connection between the two Absol, flicking her corrupt opponent back before jumping back herself, forming elegant swords of light around her body as she did. The dance made by the glowing blades increased the power in her horn, boosting her attack by several stages. She tossed her head as the attack finished, leaving just two Swords Dances before she'd be able to truly match her opponent. Ruby eyes blazed with a fierce determination, no doubt being able to sense the imminent danger of what would happen if the battle ended in failure.

"Now Play Rough again!" I ordered, my voice slightly horse from all my yelling. I paid little mind to it, I just wanted to get out of here, get somewhere safe with Silver and Red where I could curl up in there arms and release my life's worries.

A muffled hum filled the room as the Fairy type attack charged within Guardian's horn. Kathrine's Absol knew no moves that were super effecting against Dark types, knowing Future Sight, Swords Dance, Pysco Cut and Night Slash. Why she'd teach a Dark type Pokémon two Psychic type moves was beyond me but it at least gave me a chance. Guardian's move set was a mixture of physical moves such as Play Rough, Night Slash and Psyco Cut with the addition of Swords Dance to boost the power of those attacks. The two had very similar moves but the one difference gave me an easy advantage.