29- Burning hatred

I closed my eyes and sighed. Why do bad things always happen to the wrong people? I mean, I was the good guy right? Yet I always seem to be one step behind, am I just kidding myself? Am I nothing more than a person who is toyed with by the bad guys? Cause that's how my life seems to play out. First Shadow giving me the 'amazing' gift of Night. Cyrus is an asshole who can't stop stalking his fifteen year old daughter who wants nothing to do with him. My entire life is just a pile of Torous crap. Several more days had passed, but if I had to guess maybe two weeks or pretty close to it. I hadn't been back to the Legendary Council since I'd had seen Mewtwo but I had sent Night these to tell Arceus what I had seen. I had barely slept since then or even moved since Cyrus's visit and no one has fed me since. I was starting to think I'd been forgotten.

I took a deep breath in and felt myself tensed. It was only faint but I swear I could smell smoke. Not like smoke from a Pokemon attack or a burning campfire I mean smoke of burning oil and machinery.

I frowned, gathering the pitiful amount if strength I had left and stood up, holding the wall for support. I looked through the bars to see no one, strange there's normally a guard a little down the hall.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I called. The smell was getting stronger now and I was starting to worry.

As if my call had struck a signal an alarm went on a voice buzzed over the speaker. "Warning fire alert, make your way to the nearest exit. Warning this is not a drill." So even Team Galactic had fire drills. Amusing.

Wait! Shit fire!

The smell was getting stronger and small amounts of smoke were wafting into the halls.

"Umm, someone! Still down here!" Damn it Emma, why would they come back for you?

I touched the bars but recoiled from the shock of electricity. I was trapped in here. The smoke started to fill the room with its hazy, poisonous mist. I took a sharp breath in a instantly regretted it when the smoke filled my lungs. I crouched down low, coughing from the smoke. I pulled my jumper up to cover my mouth and help filter the smoke from the air while I figured out what to do.

A faint buzzing sound followed by a sharp zap came from the bars and I cautiously touched them with my spare hand, not getting shocked. I let out a small sigh and broke them down with an Aura Sphere. I ran out of myself just in time to see fire envelop the wooden door at the end of the hall.

"Night! Where are you?"

I received no reply from my Ninetales as I ran towards the direction I thought she'd been taken. I cursed under my breath and ran the down the hall but before I knew it the fire had surrounded me. I had no idea where I was going and the smoke and fire made it impossible to see. I paused for a moment, trying to use Aura to guide me but a cracking sound from above distracted me from my concentration. I looked up to see a falling pice of burning timber. I let out a cry and leapt out of the way before continued running as more of the roof caved in. I tried to dodge as many as I could, leaping from side to side as burning wood fell all round me. I was to slow for one and the burning wood collapsed on top my ankle.

I screamed in pain and tried to pull my ankle free without success. By this point the smoke was making it near impossible to breath and now my ankle was crush and being burnt by fire. Black spots filled my vision as I kicked furiously at the beam of wood.

"Night, please help me!"

My kicks became more as more frantic as the beam burnt further into my ankle. I screamed for help, not really caring who came. At this point I could barely see straight and my entire body was exhausted. I screamed out again only to be sent into a fit of coughing.