20- experimentation

"We need to need monitor all her vital signs if you wish to do this now. In general, this is a very risky experiment and depending on how she reacts to this test will spend on how strong the full experiment will be."

"Well just hurry up will you. I want this over and done with by morning."

I flinched slightly at Lopez's voice and let out a groan when my head started thumping. I tried to raise my hand to my head by something restricted me from doing so. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was stopping the movement  either.

"There, the girl is waking now. We can start soon if that is what you wish Admin sir."

"Do it as soon as you can and I don't give a damn about what happens to that ignorant girl." Lopez snorted.

"You may not sir, but our leader made it very clear that the girl is needed alive."

"Just do it already. I expect answers by the time I get back."

After that a door slammed close, making me believe that Lopez had left the room.

I finally gathered enough courage to open my eyes, only to confirm my fears. I was chained to a metal table, my wrists chained above my head, my hands strapped together which prevented me from being able to charge up any sort of attack and be able to shoot it anywhere it would do any good. I bit down on my tongue to stop myself screaming, the metallic taste of blood soon filled my mouth from the places I was biting. I gazed around the room, trying to find something, anything that could help me. My heart started racing as I began to panic. A man entered my sight, he looked like someone who'd fit nicely in a 'Frankenstein' film. Without glancing at me he walked over to a monitor, examining whatever was on the screen that was hidden from my sight.

He mumbled something, glancing between me and the monitor a few times while writing down notes.

I looked up at the metal bands, pinning down my wrists. I pulled at them, trying to get my wrists free.

"That is useless, the table has been designed to hold you specifically. All you're going to do is hurt yourself." The scientist mumbled without looking at me, writing down notes instead.

I glared at him despite him not looking at me to see. My ankles were chained to the corners of the table, a lot more loosely then my hands were but their movement was still very limited. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and took a deep breath in, trying to calm myself down despite knowing almost exactly what is going to happen.

The lone scientist person continued mumbling to himself, I couldn't make out much of what he said and the little I could made no sense of. I took another steady breath in, squeezing my shut, trying to block out everything around in hope everything would fade away. Of corse I knew it wouldn't, I just didn't want to face the reality of what was happening.

The sound of someone entering the room caught my attention and I opened my eyes to see what appeared to be another admin. She had dead straight black, that reached down to her shoulders. Her black fringe fell over her forehead and stopped just above her cold green eyes. She looked me up and down with a sneer, seemingly disgusted by something.

"It's not polite to stare." I snorted.

"Neither is it to escape, but that didn't stop you." She replied casually.

"Your fault for kidnapping me in the first place."

She shrugged and turned away from me, looking towards the other person in the room. "She doesn't look like much."

"I am here you know."

"Yes but the power she holds is extraordinary. She hasn't even begun to unlock just how much she is capable of." The scientist guy said, sounding genuinely impressed but by the looks of things, they'd forgotten I was there.