55- Conciquences

Again there was a heavy thumping on the door, this time far more aggressive, making me cringe slightly as I held on tightly to my guardian. I knew this was going to happen which is exactly why I'd wanted to leave then moment Claire arrived. The Dragon Tamer cautiously stood to her feet, glancing between me and the door.

"Are you sure it's Kathrine?" She questioned, fingertips lightly grazing the Pokéballs attached to her belt.

I nodded, her aura unquestionable. "I'm positive." My response was quiet as I fought off the urge to hide under the bed which was literally the only thing I could think of to do. "Claire we need to go, Kathrine's too strong."

She didn't have a chance to respond before the door was knocked down with Kathrine's Absol stumbling in after. The Dark-Type Mega Evolution snarled at us but didn't pounce as Kathrine, Lopez and Maxine strut in after. My biological parent looked agonisingly proud of herself when she saw me cowering in the bed. Claire stood in front of me protectively, waving for me to stand as she watched cautiously as four grunt also filtered into the room. I stayed firmly behind Claire, attempting to hide from Kathrine to the best of my ability.

Claire bawled her hands into fists, slamming one into Kathrine's face before anyone could react. "That's for hurting my daughter." She growled, moving back to again stand in front of me protectively. She took hold of my wrist, just above the band that blocked off my ability to use my powers.

Kathrine stumbled slightly from the blow, not making a sound but raising her hand to her now bleeding nose. She managed to relatively keep her calm demeanour as I flinched and hid further behind my guardian. "I guess I should have expected that." Kathrine said, almost to herself as she straightened up. "So you're Claire, famous Dragon-Type Gym Leader of Blackthorn City and the current legal guardian of my daughter." She pulled a black and green handkerchief from her pocket, using it to wipe away the blood running from her nose.

Claire tightened her grip on me slightly, showing she was not winning to give me up easily. "Emma is my daughter." She snarled as I too hugged her tighter.

"Is that so? I do believe I was the one who brought her into this world, that's more then you've done." Kathrine spoke smoothly, almost evilly and her tone was enough to again send me cowering behind Claire. In my defence, Claire has Pokémon, I do not and Kathrine is the spawn of the devil himself. (No not Giratina, he's actually kinda sweet when you get to know him.)

My guardian reached for her Pokéball, a harsher scowl over her features then I'd seen since I found out Team Rocket had established a base in Blackthorn City. "I raised Emma for eight years, you abandoned her after five. I've dealt with every fever, tantrum, bad and good day for almost twice as long as you have." Claire sneered, holding up a Pokéball. "Now either you let us leave or I will force you to back the hell away from my daughter."

"Did you have to mention tantrum." I murmured as I peaked out from hiding.

Claire slipped a Pokéball into my hand before patting my head soft. "Quiet sweetie the grown ups are talking."

I huffed but dropped it. As mentioned earlier Claire is really my only source of defence right now and the last thing I wanted was to do was piss her off. Kathrine remained sickeningly quiet as I again peered out from behind my guardian.

Without warning, the corrupt Absol by her side sprang forward. Claire however didn't miss a beat, pulling a ball from her belt and letting the Dragon inside in one sharp and fluid movement. The shiny Druddigon* leapt from it's spherical home, crossing his arms in front of him, taking the hit head on. Absol pushed Duddigon back several inches before the shiny Pokémon managed to hold his ground and push off his opponent.