28- Be proud of me

"What do you want?" I asked without raising my head, my voice was raspy from the days without water or talking.

"Not much. Just making sure you were still alive, you haven't moved in days apparently." Cyrus shrugged plainly

"I don't have reason to. I may be reckless at times but I know when I'm stuck." I sighed. Why would he care anyway?

"Smart girl."

I just sighed again and waited for him to leave. Which he didn't, how annoying can people be at the worst of times?

"What am I doing here? From what you just said you don't want me dead so why am I here?" I asked still not raising my head or opening my eyes.

Damn it. I hate being weak in front of him. I mean, it's Cyrus of all people.

Cyrus was quiet. "I don't want you getting in my way, therefore easier just to keep you here."

I sighed once more. "I don't think that's the whole story. What's keeping you from just killing me then? It would be along easier on your part." I felt myself twitch slightly. I knew Cyrus didn't have any intention in killing me, he would have already or at least toyed with me at this point but until now I'd just sat here in the cold, talking to Night most the time but I didn't know if he knew I could talk to her in my mind.

Cyrus didn't answer me for a moment. "Are you complaining?"

"Not particularly. Just trying to keep my mind off the fact that, oh you know, I haven't had anything to eat or drink in days and at this point I'm most likely to die of dehydration or starvation in a few days time anyway." I said simply but with a hint of drama. I don't really think that a guilt trip would work on Cyrus but I was bored and starving so don't judge, it was worth a shot anyway... Wow Emma, never been this desperate before.

Cyrus snorted. "Are you hungry?" He taunted.

"Do I even have to answer that?" I replied sarcastically.

No, no I'm not hungry. I'm just like any human and can go weeks without food or water. Of course I'm fucking hungry!!!

Cyrus pulled out a walky-talky thingy and ordered a grunt or something to bring some food. I was only half bothering to pay attention.

I raised my head for the first time and looked at Cyrus in confusion.

He just chuckled at my expression. "It's rude to stare."

"I wasn't staring... I'm just confused. Why would you care what happens to me?" I was actually really surprised by his actions.

Cyrus just shrugged.

What the hell was that meant to mean!? Shrug- I don't care. Shrug- I'm not gonna say. Shrug- I'm gonna let you think I've changed then throw you off a cliff. Shrug- I don't give a damn. I am really over thinking this aren't I?

I just shook my head and leaned it back against the wall, closing my eyes again. "Not that it matters. What happened, happened and I cannot change that nor can anyone." I said more to myself. "What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger."

There was an awkward silent for a moment.

"I didn't mean for that to happen you know." Cyrus said finally breaking the silence.

"Whatever." I sighed. "I don't really give a crap anymore."

"Do you at least want to hear what I have to say?"

"Nope, but you're probably going to tell me anyway so I might as well get it over and done with while I wait for my 'knight-in-shining-armour' to rescue me."