59- Closing the rift

My head thumped with each pump of my heart, making blood pound ing my ears in a quick, steady rhythm. I groaned silently as I opened my eyes slowly, very cautiously. White splashed walls was the first thing I saw, my mind still a hazy panic of fear as pain laced my joints and muscles. Where am I? Floated through my mind, I couldn't remember anything after the injection, except... Pain... Team Rift everywhere, Shadow.... is that we're I am? Had my purpose been served and I'd been handed over to my adversary for whatever sick desires he had planned? I have to get get out of here! I need to find Claire, Red and... Silver?

Silver! For some reason I felt alarm when I thought of my brother. Had something happened to him? I couldn't remember.

Shaking my head harshly, I pushed myself from the bed, yanking out several IVs, tubing and needles from my wrists before tossing aside the starchy white covers. My shoes had been removed as had my jacket and my socked feed slipped slightly on the polished floor sending pin pricks of pain through my feet. Putting complete pressure on my feet cause me to whimper from the jabbing pain but I didn't care.

Stumbling from the room, I ran down the halls, not caring where I was going, just trying to get out. My lungs seemed I possibly tight in my chest as thick beads of sweat dropped from my forehead. The pain from my legs was gut churning and I found myself having to use the walls for support as I ran blindly for freedom. Hot jabs of agony stabbed my knees with each step I took, tears burned my eyes and I didn't even bother holding them back as they trailed down my cheeks.

My pain had blinded me from the person in my path as I rounded a corner, the collision only escalating the feelings of strain in my chest and legs. The person held onto me tightly as I struggled, squeezing my eyes shut in effort to hide my fear but the tears slipping freely down my cheeks did no effort to help. Pushing them away from me, I scream at them to get away but they held on.

"Emma, calm down. It's just me, it's Silver, you're safe now Em. Calm down." The familiar voice soothed as the owner gently stroked my hair. "It's okay now, you're safe now."

Opening my eyes, I looked up at my big brother's soft silver eyes. "S-silver? " I could only stare at him, stupidly weak.

"Yeah, it's me. You're safe now." He explained softly as my legs gave in to the pain and I fell limp in his arms. "Easy now." He muttered, holding onto me before swooping me into his arms and taking me back the way I'd come. "You need to rest and take it easy, okay. You're safe now, promise."

"Where am I?" I whimpered, holding onto my brothers jacket tightly. "Wh-what happened?"

My brother sighed slightly as he put me back down on the bed I'd woken up in. I pulled my knees up into my chest, curling into the fetal position as I cried out my fear. "You're in Luminous City hospital. I brought you here after you fainted." Silver explained, wiping my dampened cheeks with a tissue.

"When.... why?" I questioned, not being able to remember what I remembered last. My mind was just a foggy, jumbled mess. "That's not helpful."

Again, Silver sighed, pushing a green button on a small remote near my bed. "I'll explain everything in a moment, I just called a nurse to come fix you back up. You're still really dehydrated and probably need all this stuff I'm not even going to pretend that I know what half of it does. Right now, just know you are safe and that everything will be okay from here." My brother kept his tone soft, reassuring and calm. "I promise."

"What about Red-- Claire and my Pokémon? What happened with Team Rift? I need to get home or they're going to come for me again Silver." I burst into tears, hugging myself tightly as an overwhelming sense of dread and despair filled me, mingling with the intense agony from the rest of my body. "I want to go home."