58- Trust in me

~Silver~

I ran down seemingly endless halls, my Feraligatr on my heels as I tailed Red. Unlike ever other Evil Organisation base I'd been through, the halls of his one were pretty straight forward-- though it still seemed just as endless. The passageways were bare, not a grunt in sight. I'm still deciding if that's a good or bad thing. Every door had been unlocked so far and we were entirely sure if this was a trap or not.

The only thing that we could be sure of really in that Emma was here. Her screams bounced off the walls as her inaudible pleas echoed though the air. She must be in real pain. Red was muttering curses under his breath, his angered concern clearly showing in his flaming red irises as he followed the blinking blue dot on the screen of the tracking device Claire had placed on Emma before she was taken back by Team Rift. Although I didn't completely agree with Red and my little sister dating, the love Red had towards Emma was real and that was something I did approve of.

We were brought to a dead end by a heavy steal door that at first made it seem we had taken a wrong turn, again Red cursed, his face flushed with exhaustion and anger but again a scream of agony rung through the air. The sound was obviously from the other side of the tightly sealed door and it didn't take a single word to pass between Red and I for us to know what to do.

"Feraligatr, Hydro Cannon!" I ordered my starter Pokémon.

Red wasn't far behind. "Charizard, Fire Blast!"

The two starter Pokémon didn't waste a heart beat, my Water-type Pokémon taking in a deep breath and letting it out with a metal crushing jet of water. Charizard followed but his Fire-type move instead. The mixture of heated fire and cold water made the door squeak and warp but not budge.

"Give it more power Feraligatr, hurry!" I demanded. Another cry of pain, this one bad enough to make me flinch.

Feraligatr accepted the challenge, pausing for only a second before throwing out another jet of water, this one more intense then the first. Charizard, not willing to be out done, followed without command until with a final push from both Pokémon, the heavy door snapped from its heavy stone frame. Red and I didn't miss a beat as we ran through the opening, shocked by what we found. Everything was destroyed. Shattered glass scattered  the floor, scraps of metal lay twisted and torn like paper against the wall, chunks of the cavern roof had fallen leaving a very unstable looking roof above. Red seemed taken aback but another scream of agony snapped us both out of the trance.

A horde of grunts surrounded Emma who'd been backed into a corner. Heavy tears leaked from her eyes, tracking trails though dirt and blood. She was shaking her head while screaming for the grunts to stay back as waves of energy restised the containment of one little girl. Balls of energy forced themselves to Emma's fingertips, releasing themselves with the grace and beauty of a Hippoudon doing ballet, an easy comparison against Emma normal precision and aim. She seemed to have lost control of herself and I knew why.

My hand subconsciously reached into my pocket, finding a delicate needle inside. Shadow had explained this to both Red and I, how Emma would loose control of her powers and the only thing that could stop it was the containments of the little syringe in my pocket. Emma would never willingly take the injection so I'd need to get close to her and I needed her to let me.

"Red, I need you too clear some space. Get those grunts and anyone else out of here." I ordered. "I'll take care of Emma."