53- Escape

With a subtle sigh, I again through my small handball at the roof absent mindedly, catching it easily before it could hit me before I repeated. Serenity had told me I'd know when it was time to go so I was simply waiting patiently, okay, not so patiently. How I'd get out without my security camera alerting the whole building I was trying to get out was still a mystery to me. I'd just have to trust her and the Pokémon getting me out of here.

~Ms. Voice of Purity?~ A small voice cut through the silence, almost causing me to drop my ball.

Slowly, cautiously, I sat up. My sapphire blue eyes overlooking my surroundings with a curious gaze. "Maybe, who's asking?" I knew it was the voice of a Pokémon. They spoke differently then people did, even when I could understand everything they said.

The vent's cover was slowly removed to reveal three small Pokémon inside. The first I noticed was a Riolu, looking down at me with oddly coloured umber eyes, he held onto the grate tightly with his fury paw but he had to hunch slightly due to the size of the vent. The second was a Mareep with very dusty, almost grey wool coat but she seemed happy enough with her rounded tongue lolling out of her mouth and childish expression. The third was a Larvitar, a harsh scowl over his features as he glared down at the Electric Type next to him but smiled when he saw I was looking at him, showing his anger was not directed at me.

~Hello!~ The Mareep baaed with a giggled.

The Larvitar glared at her. ~Quiet, you'll get us caught. Remember you're only here because she's scared of the dark you nincompoop.~

The Mareep stuck her tongue at the obvious grouchy Larvitar. ~Party pooper.~

~Shut it both of you!~ The Riolu hissed before turning to me. ~Come on, we can only scramble the system so long before we're found out and we need to get you out of here before that happens.~

I was slightly taken aback that my rescue team was three kids but I wasn't about to throw away my chance. I had to simply hope they knew their way through the vents and could get me out of here. Not waisting any time, I swiped aside my covers, leaving the ball I'd been holding in the mess before attempting to climb into the vent, it took a few tries and misses before I could actually get in since it was higher then I was tall and I was still recovering from Cyrus's attack but I managed on my third try. I had to crawl on stomach to fit through the vents, shuffling along a silently as I could, it caused some pain in my chest but Serenity had done her job well.

The confined area caused my anxiety to spike but I knew I had to control my claustrophobia with the reward of my freedom looming so close. Though I was extremely thankful I had the little Mareep here with her tail glowing brightly to illuminate my path. The Riolu lagged behind a little, having to replace the vent as I left but Larvitar and Mareep led the way with confidence. The Larvitar explained to me their plan, formulated with the wild Pokémon who lived near the complex.

The muskatrio - as they called themselves - would lead me no further then the outside of the complex as they had family of their own to care for. They explained that their parent had all been corrupted into the Mega Evolutions that the admins and Kathrine used. Larvitar also had a brother here, I guessed it was the one I'd had to heal back when Kathrine was testing the extent of my healing abilities. Outside the complex a pack of Houndoom was waiting for me and they would lead me as close as they were able to the closest town where they hoped I'd be able to contact someone to get me.

The vent creaked harshly, making me flinch slightly and distracting me from the Mareep's story of how she should be in charge, having lived in the vents longer then most other Pokémon. "Are you guys sure this is safe? The vents seem pretty old..." I whispered.