50- Old habits

*Warning, this chapter includes physical abuse, violence and a drunk asshole which may or may not make you feel immense amount of pity towards the main character*

When I was eventually returned to my cell, I was just about ready to collapse but that was a norm in this place. Despite this, I took the time to shower and change since I'd been drenched in my own nervous sweat earlier today and felt icky and itching to just let the hot water wash away today's pain and fear.

I collapsed into my bed, snuggling into the lumpy mattress and pulling the duvet over me. There was an unsettling feeling in my chest however I wasn't able to shake it. I shook my head sharply, frowning to myself as I forced the feeling aside. "Emma you're just being stupid." I muttered to myself, settling down into bed. "You're just anxious."

It was no sooner then I was just about to fall asleep that the door slammed open, startling me in my groggy state. I had no chance to even move before I was dragged from my bed and slammed against a wall by the collar of my shirt. Out of defence, I kicked my attacker sharply in the chest. The blow resulted in my attacker stumbling a few drunken steps back and release it the collar of my shirt. My head spinning from crashing into the wall resulted in me collapsing to my knees, moaning in pain as I cradled my aching skull.

A kick sent me to the floor as I screeched in pain, wrapping my arms around my head as several move kicks made their way over my body. Each time I tried to push myself up or away, my arms were kicked out from under me.

When the barrage of attacks stooped, it took a few moments for my to over come the pain enough to push myself up, staring up at Cyrus with a fearful gaze. I pushed myself back until I hit the wall, groaning in pain as I shook my head back and forth. "What-- what are you doing!?" I snarled, pulling further back. Kathrine had long ago promised that my cell wasn't an area that any sort of tests were to be conducted and that I couldn't be hurt in anyway while inside here, since I was always on edge over night during the first week or so of being here.

"Your fault." He muttered, barely audible. The air reeked of alcohol, sending off the little alarm bells of warning ringing through my mind- telling me to hide or defend myself. "All your fault."

I gave him a look of disgust. "You're drunk." Jutting more to myself then Cyrus since I doubt he was able to hear me. I looked around my cell for a form of defence but I didn't find anything as expected since Kathrine didn't leave me with anything I could use as a weapon. I did however notice that the cell door was left open. This area of the base was under heavy lock down twenty four hours a day, meaning that if I ever did get out of my cell, I wouldn't actually be able to get anywhere far but I'll at least get some ones attention by trying to escape.

Biting down on my tongue, I edged around Cyrus, ignoring his inaudible rambles as he stared at me with blood shot grey eyes. I gritted my teeth together, trying to ignore the burning sensation in my chest. Almost in the clear now. Slowly, I made my way to my feet again. The pain in my chest grew as I managed to get firmly on my feet but before I could make my dash for the door, Cyrus had me once more slammed against the wall, teetering on my toes as his hand was wrapped firmly around my throat.

I attempted to kick him again but was far too off balance to get a clear shot. He raised his arm, slamming his fist into the side of my head, resulting in a pained scream from me. Cyrus raised a his fist, delivering a sharp but miscalculated blow that although resulted in pain and a bloody nose, could of been far worse then if he'd used the full strength I knew he possessed. He lifted me off the wall for a moment before slamming down again, proceeding to repeat several times before I was dropped to the floor, this time however, I wasn't able to catch myself and slammed down into the metal floor. At this point I was struggling to breath, having no doubt that several of my ribs had been broken, but I've dealt with that before.