16- when will it stop?

My bearings came to me agonisingly slowly. My ears buzzed as if a Combee was hovering around them and refused to leave no matter now many times swatted away. As the sound slowly faded, but never actually stopped, I realised how dead the air was of sound. My heart started to pound in my chest, the feeling echoing throughout my body. The feeling of cold metal underneath my fingertips sent chills down my spine, or maybe I was getting another freeze attack, I haven't had one in a while after all.

I opened my eyes but it took a moment for my head to stop spinning. I became aware that I was in a cage that was painfully small, the roof only a little higher then I was when sitting straight. I wrinkled my nose in disgust while pushing up my torso, my arms shaking as if they were about to give way from beneath me. I cursed under my breath and used one of the bars for support. I leant against the bared wall to stop myself from collapsing under my own weight. I raised my hand to my head, trying to stop the echoing thumps that seemed to be fogging up my thinking. I immediately recoiled afterwards when a searing pain shot through my head at the spot I'd touched. Looking down at my hand, I noticed a sticky red substance coated my fingertips.

Blood.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust, realising that this was most likely the spot I'd been hit by the corrupt Scizor that had attacked me and knocked me unconscious. Somehow the hit to my head was making me hurt everywhere. I hugged myself and squeezed my eyes close before opening them again in attempt to keep myself calm. I raised my hand to my head once more, being careful this time not to hurt my head anymore this time as I focused my energy into healing the wound, but... it didn't seem to work. I frowned and pulled my hand back, this time, focusing on an Aura Sphere but it still didn't form.

I groaned inwardly. Just great, I couldn't use my powers. If I had to guess it was the cage doing something to block my powers. Fantastic, fucking fantastic. Thank you world and your habit of dumping yourself right on my shoulders at a time I really do not need it.

I pulled my jumper tighter around me, realising that it was cold in here, very cold. It was then I noticed that a blanket sat folded in the corner of the cage I was in. It was one if those blankets you could tell just by looking at it that it would be irritating to the skin, which is why I'm currently glad that I'm wearing jeans and a jumper.

I reached over and grabbed hold of the rough grey fabric, wrapping it around myself before taking a look around of what I could see of the room I was in.

From what I could see it looked like se sort of mad scientists surgery room, except, it was brightly lit up (thank Arceus, this was not the time to be freaking out about being left in the dark). It took everything I had not freak out right then about just being in the same room as this sort of equipment, remembering what had happened the past two times I'd come into contact with this stuff. I just hugged myself tighter and pushed myself further away from the equipment. Twice already I'd been inhumanly experimented on and that was twice to many. If any of this stuff was going to be used on me, I couldn't even think of it without freaking out.

If you couldn't tell already, I was really close to freaking out all together.

A small sob made it's way from my throat as I hugged myself even closer. I didn't realise I was crying until a tear splashed on my hands. I hurriedly wiped it away as well as the wet streak it left on my cheek. I wouldn't let anyone here see me cry, I had to be stronger then this. It was the only thing I really could do, whether I was afraid or not.

How you holding up?

"Night?"

Na, it's Santa Clause. Merry Christmas.

"Sorry..." I responded quietly. The last thing I wanted right now was to make Night leave me.

It's fine. I'm imagining you're scared right now. I won't leave, if that's what you're afraid of.