59

I don't know how long I was out...

Everything happened so rapidly and next thing I know, I woke up to the smell of the seashore. The salty ocean water's scent filled the air and I finally opened my eyes.

I wasn't in the mansion anymore. I was laying down on a blanket, on the sand. I slowly stood straight and looked ahead of me. The water was beautifully clear and light blue. This beach is gorgeous, but how did I get here?

I stood up off the blanket and looked at my surroundings.

There was one of our cars parked behind me, but I don't remember driving here.

"You finally woke up," I hear from behind me. I turn around and Hoseok was standing with me on the blanket.

"Where are we?" I confusedly asked him.

He took my hand in his and walked off the blanket. My bare feet snuggled softly in the fluffy sand as he pulled me along with him. "We are at a private beach. I reserved it just for us," he told me.

We walked along the shore together, "I think I must have lost my memory. I can't seem to remember how we got here," I nervously chuckled.

"I put sleeping pills in the water I gave you this morning," Hoseok said too casually.

I stopped walking, "What? Why would you do that?" my brain was so confused.

He just shrugged his shoulders, "You weren't in a very good mood. I wanted to make it up to you after finding out that your eomma's death is on my hands. I didn't expect you to find it out that way".

"So you were just going to keep it a secret my whole life? When the twins ask where their halmeoni is, were you just going to say that she died of old age?!" I started to get furious again, "Wait, speaking of the twins, where are they?" I looked around, but they weren't here with us.
(halmeoni means grandma)

Hoeok's hands came up to cup my face, "Hey, they are safe with Maid Nicki Minaj, don't worry about them. I told you a million times, I am sorry about your eomma," his voice calmed me a little.

Then, remembering my eomma made a tear slide down my cheek and on Hoseok's hand. Hoseok wiped it away, "You know, you're still beautiful even when you cry".

I buried my face in his chest and his arms pulled me closer. I sniffled in his warm embrace until I felt relaxed. He drew invisible circles on my back and being in his arms reassured me that there is nothing to cry about anymore. I am on a beautiful beach, with the light of my life.

I pulled away and looked at the ocean, "You know, I've always loved visiting the beach. Especially when I was younger, I enjoyed collecting seashells and playing in the sand," I smile thinking about it.

Hoseok dug his hand in his pocket pulling out a beautiful seashell. It was shiny and pearly white. It was one of those shells where if you put it up to your ear, it was said that you can hear the ocean. "While you were asleep, I walked around the beach and found this. I picked it up because it reminded me of you. Elegant, good looking," he placed it in my hand.

I took time to admire its features and gently put it in one of my pockets. "Thank you," I grabbed his face and pulled it to mine. Our lips connected immediately like they were made for each other. I moved my lips in sync with his. His arms wrapped around my waist bringing me closer to him.

We stayed like this for some time before we pulled apart to catch our breaths. Hoseok chuckles, "So, do you forgive me?"

"I can never stay mad at you," I gave him one more quick kiss before returning my attention to the small waves on the water.

Although I said I could never stay mad at him, doesn't mean that I'm over him killing my eomma. This will take time no matter what he says or does.

This time, I was the one who grabbed his hand and I made him walk with me to where the water was shallow. The water was so cold, but I didn't care. I would get used to the temperature soon. Unexpectedly, Hoseok took off his shirt and threw it over to where the blanket was. He was left in swim trunks only. He walked further and further into the ocean, then he stopped and turned around. His hand reached out for me, "Come in".

"I don't have any swimwear on," I called to him.

"Yes you do," he called back. I furrowed my brows and looked down my shirt. I did have a bikini on, but I don't remember putting it on. Hoseok laughed at my reaction, "I put it on you while you were sleeping," he winked.

Blood began to rush to my cheeks and I threw my clothes back to the blanket and joined him in the water. Our fingers linked together and we swam further in the ocean. We swam until we reached a firm sand bar.

On the sandbar, there was a table with two chairs and a romantic candlelight dinner. Hoseok pulled me on the sand bar with him and gestured me over to one of the chairs. I sat down, but I was shivering from the cold water. Hoseok noticed and quickly wrapped a towel around my body. Good thing he came prepared.

Hoseok wrapped a separate towel around him and sat on the other chair. On the table, there was seafood and wine. Delicious seafood that was surprisingly still warm. Must be from the sun? Speaking of the sun, it was starting to set into the sea making the blue sky turn into stripes of orange and pink.

"Do you like it, nae sarang?" Hoseok asked me gesturing to the food and the candles.

I took a bite out of the salmon and nodded at the good taste. "Mmm... Yummy!"

Hoseok ate some if his food too, "I had no idea how much you loved the beach".

I nodded, "After every time I've been to the beach, it's been lovely, but this time has been the loviest time I've ever had here," I took another bite out of my salmon, "I had no idea you could be so romantic!"

Hoseok scoffed, "Really? I can be romantic too! It doesn't get more romantic than this..." he said as he got up.

I was confused as to why he got up? Then what he did next made my eyes go wide and my heart beat rapidly.

He pulled out a small box from his pocket and got down on one knee. The box opened revealing a shiny, beautiful diamond. My hands came up to cover my mouth, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Hoseok looked up at me, "Y/n you have turned my whole world around. I've loved you ever since I've layed my eyes on you. Before, I was in the darkness. I wasn't a very nice person, then you came in my life. Because of you, my loneliness has ended and I started living again. You have brought a new hope in my life, and you became my world. Gifting me the best gift in the world, little Roa and Rowoon, I couldn't be happier".

I can't help but cry for the 3rd time again today, but he's confessing everything. I now know everything he feels about me, and it makes my heart warm.

Hoseok continues, "I can't imagine living without you. I can stop breathing, but I can not stop loving you, I can't get you out of my heart. So, with that being said," he nervously looked down, then looking back up at me again, "Would you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Jung?"

"Will you marry me?"