75

Receiving bad news- terrible news somehow made me feel unselfish.

Somehow, my only thoughts were of Hoseok.

But, how could I tell him?

The drive home from the hospital was as silent as a mouse. Not a single word was spoken. I think it's because if any one of us were to speak, the conversation may never stop. Or perhaps it would roll into something worse.

Kai and I were just too emotional.

The doctor has told us that since I have had cancer in my lungs for so long, it has had more time to spread, therefore I have a shorter survival rate.

Surgery treatment was offered, but it was risky.

My life expectancy: 3 years.

Not too happy being told that I have 3 years left on this planet earth. I only have 3 years left to watch my children grow, and be a loving wife. 3 years to say goodbye.

The worst thing is that I don't know where to start.

But not now.

Arriving home, I went straight to my en suite. Stripped off all of my clothing and turned the hot water on in the shower.

As I stood there silently in shock, my mind was still trying to process all of the events that occurred today. I slowly let the hot water droplets fall on my back drenching me in water. My head hung low and my salty tears began to mix with the water.

The sound of the shower water running muffled out my sobs as I solely stood there in my own agony. I allowed this moment to swallow me and drown me whole.

I'm not too sure about the amount of time that I spent in the shower, but all I know is that it was a long time. By the time I felt like I had no more tears left to cry, I turned the water off and wrapped myself in a towel.

As I was drying myself I heard a knock on the door.

Knock knock

"Y/n? Are you in there?" asked Hoseok from the other side of the door.

I cleared my throat to make it sound like I had not just cried, "Y-yes".

"Are you okay? You've been in there for a long time," Hoseok sighs.

"Yes thank you, I'm all good," I lied.

Hoseok hesitated for a moment deciding whether or not he should believe me, "Okay, come outside when you're done". His footsteps began and faded.

I heavily sighed and shivered in the cold wrapping the fluffy towel around me more tightly. I went to my walk in closet to change into comfortable clothes as I plan on staying home for the rest of the day.

To think about it, this explains a lot. I've not only been coughing, but super tired with little or no energy to do anything. My throat has been aching, and I've just been out of it lately.

As I stood in the mirror looking back at my own reflection, I can start to see it now. I look changed.

I started coughing again, an ugly cough. I bent over like a dying plant and covered my mouth with my hands coughing out all that was in me. My eyes shut tightly as I continue to do so.

After a few more coughs, I open my eyes and remove my hands from my lips.

Looking down at the palms of my hands, there was bright red blood. In the middle of my hand, the red liquid disgusted me. I went back into the bathroom to wash my hands. I scrubbed and scrubbed at my hands in anger to make sure it was all gone.

Another tear rolls down my face and I look in the mirror once more. Trying to be happy in hard times, I smiled. A red teethed smile.

I immediately shut my mouth and brushed my teeth. As I spit the toothpaste out, it went out in a pink color because the white paste mixed with my red blood.

Once I finished cleansing my body from the gross symptoms of my illness, I sighed tiredly and crawled into my big, comfy bed.

What I didn't notice as I crept under the covers, Hoseok opening the door observing me trying to fall into a beauty sleep.

He walked to me and sat down at the edge of the bed, "Something's wrong. Tell me".

I shook my head refusing to spill the truth and keep him from worrying, "I'm just sleepy".

However, he didn't buy my lie, "Lying is not a good trait to have y/n, either you tell me or the doctors will".

My eyebrows furrowed at his statement in confusion of what he was saying, "W-what do you mean?"

"The hospital called me saying that you had just payed them a visit".

My heart dropped.

"They inform me about the whereabouts of my family. Whoever is in use of the Jung Suite, and what has happened. But, they didn't inform me on the cause of your stay. They said that it's better for you to tell me in person," he finished.

Oh baby if only you knew. But how am I supposed to tell you like this? I didn't expect it to be so soon.

"I know that you've been hiding something. Something has been going on for quite a long while, yet I still have no knowledge of it. Every time I ask you if you're okay, you dismiss me and say that you're fine or you just have a small cough. Maybe you're just tired or a little sick, but you can't keep using the same excuse anymore. It leaves me feeling worried, it drives me crazy," Hoseok adds. His fingers lace with mine, "We are supposed to tell each other everything, sarang". His eyes look at me slowly compelling me to speak my truth. "I want you to be comfortable in telling me anything bothering you".

My eyes begin to water once more as I prepare myself to admit. He has backed me into a corner telling me that being honest is the right thing to do.

A tear falls out of my eye when I look at him, "Hoseok... there's no easy way to say this, but... I have... l-lung cancer"... I said between small sobs.

Hoseok's eyes widen and his face relaxes as he stares at me back in shock.

He remains silent for a few moments which has been scaring me.

"Please say something," I beg of him trying to read the expression on his face.

But in fact no words were spoken, only tears and staring happened between us two. Unexpectedly, he pulled me into his embrace and snuggled his face in my neck. He inhaled sharply smelling my natural scent of sweet coconut and vanilla.

I felt my neck start to get wet from his crying. I could tell that he tried his best not to be vulnerable at this moment, but it was impossible. For us both.