76

more months later

Nobody else knows. We've done a good job at keeping it all a secret. Only Kai, Hoseok, and I are the only ones in the household who have knowledge of my illness.

Surprise surprise, these past few months the twins have only gotten bigger and time truly does fly by fast. They're about 2 years old now.

Since they're only getting older I decided to check out a pre school that I hope that they will attend once they're old enough.

Hoseok wanted to accompany me, but I told him he needed to watch the twins while I checked it out myself. He rejected the idea of course since we're only trying to spend as much time together as we possibly could. However, I felt the need to go alone today.

The drive was a bit far, but I only want the best for them.

As I made it there, the appearance of it all looked very kid friendly. The area wasn't bad and the playground was seen right behind the gates. I opened the gate and walked around the playground to the inside classrooms.

A nice lady opened the door from the inside and welcomed me in, "Hello! You must me Mrs. Jung! It's nice to meet-"

She looked up at my face and stopped her words completely. Her eyebrows furrowed and that's when I realized why she suddenly stopped. "Y-y/n?"

"Lia?"

Her jaw hung wide open and her eyes bulged out of their sockets, "y/n! How have you been?! It's been so long I haven't seen you in forever!"

I laughed showing my teeth and my eyes wrinkled, "Omg I know right? It's been like... what 3 years now? Wow!"

She laughed with me and pulled me into a tight hug, "That's so long without even talking! And to think that we used to be best friends!" We broke the hug and sat down at a tiny table, "I think that the last time we saw each other was when we went to that club... right?"

"No wait, I was getting married to Felix Lee and you were there I remember. Then BTS killed him and everyone left except for me and my appa. I don't think I've seen you since..."

Lia's eyes come to remembrance of the past events and she forms an "o" with her mouth. "Yeah, that was really traumatic for me and especially for you. I wanted to get in contact with you afterwards, but just couldn't reach out to you. I was scared and unsure wether you were alive or dead".

That afternoon, we caught up with each other about what happened in each other's absences.

I was hesitant at first to share with her, but then I remembered that I don't have much time left, I can tell this woman anything.

She told me about how she got together with the man she met at the club and he's her fiancé now. He has a daughter that is only 3 years older than the twins which is why Lia now has this job and teaches the kids at pre school. She wanted to bond with the girl better by spending more time together.

So far Lia has been fairly happy and life is looking up for the better.

"Look at it! Isn't it just beautiful?" she said as she showed me the diamond ring on her finger.

I took her hand and looked closely at the ring, "Oh my! It's darling Lia! I'm so happy for you!"

Lia chuckled, "Thank you!" She then saw that I too had a ring on my finger. Her face had a look of confusion, "Wait, is that still the ring that was from Felix? Did you keep it this whole time?"

I laughed, "No no! I am married to Jung Hoseok of BTS... The mafia group that killed Felix and forced my appa to sell me..." My voice gradually got lower towards the end of my sentence.

Once again her jaw fell to the floor. "Did you really fall in love with him?"

I nodded my head yes, "Indeed I have. I live with him and we have 2 children, Rowoon and Roa. They're twins and they're 2 years old which is why I'm here now".

"Babies at 2 years old are still babies, they don't need to go to pre school at this early in their lives, you can relax for a year or two, you know".

I took a deep breath knowing how I was going to answer her statement. This is where I can confess to Lia that I have lung cancer.

... She cupped her mouth her with her hands in disbelief.

A sad chuckle escaped from her mouth, "It's like I just got you back after all of this time and now you're leaving again. For good this time".

I exhaled deeply, "I-I have no idea how to tell everyone..."

"Isn't there any treatment options?" Lia asked tiling her head to the side.

I nodded, "Yes, I can do chemotherapy, but I don't want to lose my hair. My hair is something that I would like to keep until I die. Surgery is too risky since the tumor has spread so much. I have a very low chance of survival, so the doctors told me to start saying goodbye".

Lia took my hand and squeezed it tightly, "I'll make sure your kids get into this school when it's time. I'm going to miss you so much, but you should tell your friends and the mafia about this if you care about them. They deserve to know".

"It was so nice to see you again, Lia".

She smiled in return, "The feeling is mutual".

Back at home, Hoseok greeted me along with our babies.

"Eomma!" Rowoon reached out for me and I held him in my arms and smiled.

"How was the school?" Hoseok asked me holding Roa in his arms.

"It was really good. One of my old friends works there and she said that she will make sure that the twins get in there for sure," I started petting Rowoon's head to comfort him.

Hoseok nodded, "That's good, there should be no problem at all".

"Hoseok, I think that we should tell everyone," I confessed to him.

He arched his eyebrows, "Tell everyone? About your cancer now? Are you sure that you're ready?"

I nodded, "Yes, I think that now is the perfect time for them to know about it".