Chapter 7 - You Always Are

I walked into my house, that name still rattling in my head. Who was this Stanford guy? Did I know him? Is that why Francis is pressuring me so much? Because he thinks I know who Stanford is? Does he think my husbands Stanford? Perhaps Springtrap had the answers I was so desperately searching for?

"Darling?" I began, walking into the living room.
I saw the golden rabbit dusting the tv, before turning to look at me with a smile. "Welcome home dear, did you need something?"
I bounced back and forth on my top toes, anxiously. "Yeah, um, so remember that Francis guy I was talking about?"
Springtrap raised an eyebrow at me. "Yeah? Why? Did he hurt you!?" His ears pricked up.
I shook my hand. "No no, not at all. It's just, uh, he brought up someone today and I think he thinks I have some knowledge of this person, I was wondering if maybe you know them?" I explained.
The bunny set the feather duster down. "What's their name?"
"Stanford, I think." I answered.
Springtrap eyes widened at the mention of that name, almost like the name brought back some memories from the past. He stood their quietly for a few seconds before responding. "N-no, I don't know anyone by that name." He finally let out.
"You sure?" I asked once again. "Maybe they were an old work friend?"
I noticed the fur on Springtraps shoulder begin to rise, as he became tense.
"Even if I did know him, which I don't, he's probably long gone now." Springtrap said, turning his face away from my eyesight. He finally let out a sigh after a long moment of silence. He walked toward me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Y/N, I don't want you to worry about anything. And if this Francis guy is making you feel like that, then I will take care of him for you."
I smiled, lifting my hands up to rest them on my husbands cheeks. "It's alright, Springtrap. I can take care of myself. Everything's gonna be okay." I proceeded to wrapped my arms around his lower body in a tight hug.
His shoulders dropped, while I felt his cold furry hands on my back. "I know you can, dear. Perhaps I'm the one who shouldn't be worrying." He chuckled softly. "I love you. Ya know that right?"
I blushed. "Of course I do, and I love you. No simple asshole I work with will ever get in the way of that. Besides, if Francis doesn't learn to keep his nose out of my business, I can always let Shannon and Jared know, they'd surely be on my side." I reminded the rabbit.
My husbands grip loosened on me, as I slowly pulled back. "You're right, Y/N. You always are."