Chapter 36 - Cold Call

A sudden surge of light filled my vision. I tiredly covered my hands with my face, trying to go back to sleep. However, I soon realized the beams were not coming from the sun, but instead my phone.
I cracked my eyes open, glancing towards my phone sitting on the nightstand.
It vibrated, an unknown number plastered across my screen.
Reluctantly, I sat up, grabbing my phone. The number began with my area code, so perhaps it was someone I knew? Though if I did know them, wouldn't I have them saved in my contacts?
My eyes darted over to my husband, who laid powered off beside me.
I shook my head, pressing accept on the call.
I lifted the phone up to me ear, yawning. "Hello?" I spoke sleepily.
"Hello Y/N." A cold tone greeted.
I felt all the blood in my body rush towards my head. My jaw hung slightly open in shock. My palms growing sweaty with fear.
"D-Dad..." I stuttered out.
"Ya know, I didn't appreciate being left behind in a building that was coming down. But lucky enough, I was able to get myself out of that closet in time." He explained. "But I shouldn't have to explain myself to you. After all, does anything in this world really make sense? You married a fuckin dead murderer after all."
I felt my face grow hot with anger. "Did you only call to try and piss me off! Because if it makes you feel better, it's working! And hear me when I tell you, if you come anywhere near me and Springtrap ever again, I'll make sure you don't walk away alive!"
Dad chuckled on the other line. "Is that a threat?"
"Maybe." I answered.
A muffled scream followed after my dads voice.
"Oh, and by the way Y/N, this little confrontation isn't over. I have your little friend, Chica. Or was it River? Whatever, it doesn't matter." His voice replied.
My shoulders tensed at the name drop of River. My father must have taken them when all of us weren't paying attention! "If you lay a hand on them, I swear to god you'll regret it!"
He let out an evil laugh, almost choking on his tears. "You really think I'm afraid of your empty threats? You're even more of a fool than I initially thought, Y/N. But need not worry, I'll let them go, on one condition."
"And what's that?" I asked angrily.
"Fazbear Frights. Be here before midnight tonight, otherwise you'll never see your friend again." My dads voice stops coming from the phone.
He had hung up, leaving me sitting there in bed with a million questions and worries circling through my mind. I knew there was no going back. My life will never be normal.