Chapter 34 - Great Escape

A loud siren sounded throughout the run down halls of the building. Blaring red lights illuminated my vision. My heart started racing, my palms growing ever so sweaty.
"What's that!?" Exclaimed Harry, staring around the room.
River's eyes widened at the sight of the beaming brightness. "This isn't good." They spat out quickly.
"What's not!?" I pleaded for an answer, staring back at the blonde person.
River shook their head, grabbing me by the wrist. "This whole buildings about to collapse, we have to get out of here! Now!" They shouted, beginning to drag me away.
The others followed close behind.
Springtrap stayed as close to me as possible, which I was most grateful for. I knew it hadn't been that long since we'd last seen each other, but every second away from him felt like an eternity. I yearned to feel his soft grip around me once more.

After many twists and turned through random corridors, the six of us were finally able to breathe in the sweet relief of the after hour air.
However, River didn't stop pulling me along. They continued to yank on my arm, struggling to get me as far away from the crumbling as humanly possible.
I could not understand the cause of their concern. We were free, weren't we? We saved Springtrap, that's what the plan was.

Before I could question River, two familiar voices filled my eardrums.
"Deliah!" One called out.
"Harry! Matthew!" Another cried.
I turned to see all three of the teenagers being bombarded with hugs and kisses from their relieved parents.
"I was so worried about you." Nick spoke through tear filled eyes, pressing multiple kisses upon his daughters face.
Deliah playfully giggled out of embarrassment, though still returned her fathers embrace.
Sharron wrapped both arms around her boys, holding them close to her. "Don't ever leave without telling me again!" She ordered, squishing them tight.
I almost shedded a few tears myself, but the tugging of River caught me off guard.
"What's the problem?" I asked them, pulling away.
River turned to face me, their nostrils flaring up. "We have to get going! Before it's too late!" They responded worriedly.
I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Go where?"
"Fazbears Fright!" They answered.
I felt Springtrap's presence looming over me, and something was telling me he wasn't happy with the thought of that horrid place.
"She's not going anywhere with you." Springtrap glared at the former enemy. "You can't be trusted."
River blinked, locking eyes with my husbands. "If we don't than Mr Consequences is just gonna come after you guys again! He won't stop until every last memory of Roger Stanford is wiped from the Fazbear name!" They explained.
My eyes widened, as I slowly turned back to face Springtrap. "Roger Stanford." I spoke slowly. "You're Roger Stanford. You lied to me." I choked out my words.
The realization had finally hit me. The man I loved so dearly was really Stanford. I don't know why it hadn't clicked with me, but everything was so obvious now. It all made sense.
Springtrap's gaze softened, as he got down to my level. "Darling, I didn't mean- I just wanted to leave that part of myself in the past. I-I mean, that's not who I am anymore. I'm not Roger, I'm Springtrap. A-and-" He stopped, dropping his head. "I love you. I never meant for things to happen like this. You have to understand that, right Y/N?"
I looked away, staring up at the shimmering stars shining high above the clouds. I let out a faint chuckle, before placing my hands on Springtraps snout. "I love you too, Springtrap."

After a couple moments, the two of us pulled away from each other.
I looked back towards where River once stood, but they were gone.
"River?" I questioned, looking in every direction.
Sadly, they were no where to be seen.
Springtrap stood beside me, a hand rested on my shoulder. "Something tells me this isn't quite over."
.
.
.
"You really thought I was just gonna die in that run down pizza place!? Well you're wrong." The rough voice of a man sounded from behind a giant chunk of demolished concrete.
Muffled screams escaped the blonde persons mouth, however no one could hear them, as the man had his hands covering their lips.
The man growled under his breath, holding the person back. "My works not done until that hunk of flesh and metal is gone! And I know exactly who can help me finish him off once and for all!"