Chapter 45 - Nighty Night

"Is this some kind of joke?" I questioned, pacing towards the older man.
"No jokes here, I can promise you, Mr Stanford." Henry assured, retaking his seat at the table. "All I want from you, for now, is to talk."
A repulsed laugh left my voice box, my shoulders dropping. "Are you fucking with me? Because it's not funny. Look, I did some shitty things in my past, I know that- every knows that! So please, please tell me what you want!?"
The man snickered, leaning back into his chair. "Cutting to the chase, I see? Though why am I not surprised? You certainly are a professional on 'cutting' aren't you?"
I scoffed, throwing my hands up. "Now you're just mocking me! Would you please just get on with it! Taunt me, hurt me, kill me!"
Henry shook his head, his arms crossed over his chest. "Fine, you want the straight forward answer?" He sat up. "I want my daughter back."
My eyes widened, staring back at the man's request. "Excuse me?" I replied.
"You heard me." Henry continued. "I want my daughter back!" He rose to his feet. "You took my child away and you get to be happy!? That's bullshit! Rebecca was my everything and you took her away from me!" The older man now had tears running down his face. "We were coworkers, you were my friend. How could you take her away from me!?"
I felt the color drain from my face. I knew I had no counterpoint for his attacks, because he was right. He and I worked together all those years back and we even considered each other good friends. We were there for each other when one of our other coworkers died on the job. He was the closest thing I had to something familial.  I had basically betrayed him by taking away his child.
My shoulders dropped, my head hanging low. "You're right, Henry. There was no excuse for what I did to you, your daughter, and the other children. I know my words mean nothing to you, but just know that I am truly sorry for what I put you through." I apologized to the man.
A slam filled my ears. I glanced up to see Henry had smashed his fists against the table.
"You're sorry!? Are you fucking serious!? There are no words to express how much I despise you Roger Stanford!" Shouted Henry.
"I-I know, I'm a horrible person. Do what you will to me." I rubbed my arm, my eyes shutting.
Henry heaved heavily, retaking his seat once again. "Oh I know exactly what I'm gonna do to you. There's only one way for you to hurt like I did. I have to take away the thing you care so much for."
This caught my attention, my head lifting, and my expression changing. "What? What do you mean?"
Henry let out a chuckle, as he tapped his fingers against the table. "I'm going to kill Y/N, and force you to watch!"
The crack in my heart spread, releasing the immense amount of pain I felt. "No!" The scream came out.
A shock ran up and down my body, as i collapsed against the cold floor. I watched as Henry and his remaining two agents loomed over me.
The old man turned to face both agents. "Find the girl, she couldn't have gotten far."
They both nodded, leaving.
"N-no... Y/N." Was all I was able to get out before darkness filled my vision.