Chapter 41 - Don't Give Up

My throat burned from the constant screams that sounded through my esophagus. Tears stained my puffy red cheeks, my vision being practically blurred from the saltwater that left them.
My heart was breaking into multiple pieces. I'd felt pain before, but not like this. This was the worst feeling I'd ever experienced. My one and only true love had just abandoned me. He left me trapped in a dark storage closet in a rundown pizza place horror house. Not only that, but he'd left me alone. This wasn't the same if just being at home by myself. No. This was like an endless abyss of sadness swallowing me up, till I'd eventually fade into hallow being of nothingness.
I couldn't even form words anymore. There was no way to express how empty I felt.
Springtrap was the only person who made me feel full. Without him, I was nothing but an emotionless soul, constantly struggling to reach out for someone's support. Only to be let down in the end.

"Deep below ground."
"Where memories sleep."
"Anger is restless."
"And secrets don't keep."

No. I can't give up. I won't give up. The most important person in my life is out there right now, risking his life to protect mine. I'm not gonna let him do this alone. After all, he'd never let me do this alone.

My hands pressed against the cold ground, as I pushed myself up and onto my feet.
A dirty rag dangled from my left shoulder, where Springtrap had loosely patched up my gunshot wound. The memories of our last moment together flashing through my head.
I heaved a heavy breathe, resting myself against the side wall, as I thought up a plan to escape this claustrophobic room.
Anxiously, I whipped my head around, searching for something to help me get out. My eyes locked onto a small wooden object, sitting on a nearby wrack. I reached over, grasping onto it. The small object was a splintered rusted hammer. My eyes lit up with hope.
I pulled myself over to the door, beginning to pry at the doors hinges.
The crack of the wood filled my ears. Hearing that door break was all I wanted. Whether it took me 5 minutes or 5 hours, I was going to get out of here.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
7 minutes of prying was all it took to rip open that old door.
The bright fluorescent lights on the outside of the closet bursted into my irises. Freedom from that dark room felt amazing. However, there was no time to bask in the light, I had a giant golden robot to save.
My cocked my pistol, glaring down the upcoming hallway. "Enough of this child's play, I've gotta go save my husband."