Chapter 52 - Patch Up

Springtrap carried me home bridal style, despite me constantly assuring him I could walk. The rabbit insisted he hold me, not as just a means to take care of me, but also as a means to hold me close. I didn't argue with him, I guess I did need some time off my legs.

The four of us sneaked into our house through the back, not wanting to draw any attention to ourselves.
The tall animatronic slowly released me from his arms, setting me down on the couch, and offering me a pillow.
I smiled up at my husband, thanking him for being so considerate with me.
I turned, instructing River to rummage through the kitchen drawers to find the first aid kit.
The young blonde did as they were told, and turned, making their way towards our kitchen.

I laid back into the couch, a yawn escaping me.
My dad stood idly by, clearly unsure of how to help.
"Why?" I broke the silence.
My dad's neck turned, as he stared back at me. "What?"
I heaved a sigh. "Why did you save me?" I asked. "Be honest."
My father let his arms drop to his sides while he shook his head, running his hand through what was left of his graying hair. "I wasn't gonna just stand there and let some old asshole kill my daughter." He answered.
"But you kidnapped River just to get me to come to you, why throw all that away just to save me?" I questioned.
"I didn't kidnap your friend on purpose." Replied my dad. "Bonnie ordered me to. She said if I did this she'd finally let me be free."
"Be free? But the whole reason you got out of prison was to kill Springtrap, wasn't it?" Confusion shown on my face.
My dad leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms. "Well, that's what I wanted at first. But after seeing all the trouble you went through just to save that hunk of junks life, I realized that taking him out would only fuck shit up more." He explained. "I decided, given the opportunity, I could just move on with what was left of my pointless life. But those Fazbear dickheads threatened to pin all that shit on me unless I followed through with the plan. So I did just that. And just know that I have no reason to stay here. I'm gonna head off, start new. Maybe find a hobby or some shit."
I smiled. "Well, thank you. And I can't say I forgive you for everything you put me through,
however I'm grateful to have gotten to have this talk."
My dad nodded, straightening up. "Guess I'll take my leave then." He turned towards the front door. "See ya later kiddo, stay safe."

And with that, my dad was gone.
When Springtrap and River finally returned, they were surprised to not find my father in the room.
I informed them of what had happened, and they seemed quite thankful for his departure.
To be fair, I don't think River was very fond of being close to her former kidnapper, and I'm sure Springtrap was uncomfortable being near the man who tried to kill him multiple times.

River disinfected my wound, proceeding to wrap it with bandages. I thanked them for taking care of me.
"It's the least I could do, especially after everything you've done for me." River responded with a smile.
Springtrap entered the room, carrying a two glasses of (insert favorite drink) and setting them down on the coffee table. "I guess it's time I thank you as well River, you really have do a lot for us, whether you wanna believe it or not."
River rubbed the back of their neck, blushing. "Aw don't mention it. Besides, it's what any good person would do."
"A 'good person' wouldn't put their life on the line to protect two people they barely knew. You betrayed your line of work and risked death just to save us. You're more than just a 'good person' River. You're an amazing person." I leaned forward, offering one of the cups to the blonde haired person.
River took the cup from my hand, smiling to themself. They clearly did have the words to speak their gratitude, but it was clear by the expression on their face that they were grateful.

Springtrap took a seat beside me on the couch, picking at the rusted and broken parts of his suit. "Looks like I'm gonna need some patching up too." The robot joked.
Rivers eyes lit up. "I can take care of that too. Y/N did teach me a thing or two." They winked at me.
I shook my head with a smile. "If you insist. There's a toolbox in the hallway closet. You could use what's in there." I suggested.
River nodded, stepping out of the living room.

I wrapped my good arm around my husbands back, scooting in close to him. "So what now?" I asked.
The yellow rabbits form relaxed as he felt my skin collide against his metal casing. "All I want right now is to have you close to me."
I blinked slowly. "That sounds good to me."