13 - Your delivery has arrived

They don't take the bag off of my head until we're inside a building. The Sanctuary, I suppose. I immediately look around to find Ella but I only see some Saviours and that awful man, Simon.

'Welcome to your new home, doll', he tells me with a grin that makes my stomach turn.

'Where is she?' I ask him frantically.

'Who?' he asks, playing stupid.

'Where's Ella?' I ask him through gritted teeth. I was hoping to see her once we got here. I need to know that she's okay.

'Oh, the little girl with the big mouth? She's fine. You'll see her... whenever Negan wants you to see her. Come on, he wants to see you first.'

Simon turns around and starts to walk and a Saviour nudges me to start walking as well, but I put my feet firmly on the ground.

'I don't want to see him. I'm not going anywhere without Ella.'

'Oh, come on, doc', the Saviour says while he roughly grabs my arm. When I look at him, I recognize him as the guy that came to my house that first time and took my meds. David.

'You know how this works by now.'

Simon walks back and grabs my other arm. I try to put my weight back, struggle against them, but it's no use. They easily drag me through the long, dark hallway we're in.

'Easy now', Simon says, like I'm a horse or something. 'You're only making this harder for yourself.'

'Let me go', I snarl. Of course, they don't. They drag me through the hallway into a large open area. I startle when we enter because I'm suddenly faced with a lot of people. They're everywhere, working at stations or standing behind stalls. I realize now that the building is some sort of old factory. And these must be the regular inhabitants of the Sanctuary.

'Help me!' I call out to them. But they just watch me with curious faces. Nobody makes a move to do anything.

'Go on with your work', Simon says, almost lazily. 'Nothing to see here.'

The people get back to whatever they're doing, only steeling careful glances at us now. Simon and David continue to drag me along. For my own dignity, I decide to stop struggling. It's no use anyway.

'Very good', Simon says appreciatively. 'I wasn't looking forward to dragging you up those stairs.'

I glare at him but make no protest as they lead me up a set of steel stairs. For a second we're on a platform, overlooking the workers of the Sanctuary. Then they tell me to keep walking into another dark hallway.

My heart is pounding and I can feel drops of sweat from the anxiety running down the side of my face. I don't want to see him. I don't want to be here. Only this morning I was lying safely in bed with Ella. I thought we had problems then, but I would give anything to go back.

But there's nothing to do. There's only one person the room at the end of this hallway can belong to. We're here.

Simon knocks at the door, but enters without waiting for an answer. Of course, he must know that we're coming. David stays outside, but Simon drags me along and soon we're inside a spacious room, luxuriously decorated. And right in the middle of it is the man who's been occupying my nightmares.

'Your delivery has arrived, sir', Simon greets him. 'One neatly-packaged doctor, as requested.'

'Thank you, Simon', Negan says, fixing his eyes on me as he gets to from the couch he was sitting in. 'Any trouble?'

'She wasn't too keen to come, and Prick made some protests, but in the end he let us take her pretty easily. Ain't that right?' he adds, turning to me.