41 - Burning up

TW: Sexual content

'I'll see you later', B says. Then she turns around and walks back the way we came from. I'm a little surprised at her reaction as I watch her go. I'd always assumed she put Negan on a pedestal as much as the rest of the Sanctuary does, but maybe I was wrong about that.

Anyway, he has a big smile of anticipation on his face as I approach him. I shake my head in disbelief, but can't help but smile a little bit too. Really, what was he thinking calling all that attention to me?

'Well, what did you think? My queen', Negan greets me, spreading his arms wide.

'Uhh, it was very, um...'

I don't get to finish my answer. Because he grabs my arm and pulls me in for a kiss. I'm a little caught off-guard and pull away quickly to check that the hallway's empty. Fortunately, it is.

'Let's go in here', I say, dragging him with me into the doctor's office. I'm glad it's empty. We've decided to keep all the remaining patients downstairs in the new infirmary, so we can use the office for other cases. Myeong and my new assistant Tom must be down there too.

'That was crazy, Negan!' I tell him as soon as I've closed the door behind me. 'What the hell made you do that?'

'I just wanted to make you feel special', he says a little defensively. 'I want you to know how appreciated you are.'

I look at him, trying to come up with something to say. But any words get stuck in my throat. Because that's actually pretty sweet. Again, he surprises me.

'That's very nice', I admit reluctantly, leaning against the door. 'But you know, I don't really love being at the center of attention.'

'Why not?' he asks, moving closer to me. 'You're beautiful, you're smart, you're amazing, if anyone's worthy of attention, it's you.'

'I don't know', I say, feeling a little bashful with all those compliments. 'I just don't.'

'Hm', he humms, sliding his hands over my face to hold me. 'But you love being at the center of my attention, don't you?'

Again, he kisses me. This time I don't break it off, because we're all alone and no-one can see us. I told B it was just a one-time-thing, but honestly, I've no idea what Negan's take is on that. But it doesn't really look like he'd be on board with that in the moment. And I'm not sure that I am either.

'I missed you this morning', he says, drawing back to look into my eyes. 'Wish you would have stayed with me.'

My heart rate picks up quickly, looking into his hazel eyes. I'm once again amazed how one man can be so cruel at times, but also so caring.

'I missed you too', I admit, a little shyly. There was a moment when I woke up this morning where I half-expected to still feel his arm around me. But it was just my dreams lingering on for a little after waking.

He smiles, happy to hear that confession, and kisses me again. I run my hand over his chest and hold on to his neck. Oh, I would like to keep doing this. But there's things I need to know. Worries have creeped into my mind after his speech. The parts before he had me stand there like an idiot.

'Negan, can I ask you something?' I ask, pushing him back a little.

'Sure', he says, though he looks like there's things he'd rather do than talking.

I smile at him a little nervously and take his hand off of me so I can walk into the office some more. And create some distance. Because I know he doesn't like me talking about this.

'What are you going to do about Alexandria?' I ask him, grabbing a random rubber glove to fidget with and hide my nerves.

He doesn't answer right away. So I look up to see his face and find it displeased, like I feared it would be. I hope he doesn't get angry. But he wouldn't, right? Not after last night.