64 - Beautiful night

TW: Sexual content

'Wake up, Christina.'

The sound of Negan's voice barely registers. A second ago, I was still fast asleep. I'm not even sure if he was really talking to me or if I dreamed it. So I turn around, pull up the covers and try to get back to sleep.

But he puts his hand on my shoulder now and shakes me softly. I can't ignore him when he talks to me again.

'Come on, honey. Open your eyes.'

So I do. And I find him standing over me beside the bed. I blink against the light of the lantern he's holding. Other than that, it's still pitch-black.

'What time is it?' I ask him groggily.

'It's 3 in the morning.'

'3 in the morning?' I repeat, confused.

We went to bed early last night. Negan was exhausted after his fight with Simon and so was I after everything I've been through these last few days. So he took a long shower while I settled things at the doctor's office, then we had some dinner and after that we just layed down in bed. We didn't talk much. We didn't have sex. He just held me tightly until we fell asleep.

'Didn't you say you were a morning person?' he jokes.

'I definitively never said that', I moan, trying to get comfortable again. But this time, Negan grabs my covers and pulls them away.

When I sit up to scowl at him, I realize that he's already fully clothed. I don't understand what's going on. What does he want us to do in the middle of the night?

'What's going on?' I ask him nervously.

'I need you to get up and get dressed', he says, still keeping things mysterious.

'Why?'

'Just... trust me.'

I look at him in total puzzlement. Trust him? That's kind of been the problem lately, hasn't it? But there's something about him that makes me not want to argue. He's acting weird. Weirder than usual, I mean.

'Okay', I mumble.

Feeling nervous, I slide my legs off the side of the bed and get up. All the while, I can feel Negan's eyes on me, making me even more jittery. So I decide to just hurry up in slipping out of my pyjamas and into the same jeans and t-shirt that I wore yesterday.

When I sit down to put on my shoes, Negan walks over to his closet and returns with a hoody in his hands. I recognize it as the one I've worn before.

'Wear this too', he says, handing it to me. 'It's cold outside.'

'We're going outside?' I ask, still feeling competely in the dark.

He doesn't answer me because at that moment there's a soft knock on the door and he walks over to open it. A Saviour stands before it, holding a large duffel bag.

'Sweeped the room, sir', he says, handing Negan the bag. 'This is everything.'

'Thank you, Wes', he says, slinging the bag over his shoulder. 'Is the car ready?'

'Yes, sir.'

Negan nods to dismiss him and makes his way back to me while the Saviour walks away. Now wearing my shoes and Negan's sweater, I get up from the bed and cross my arms to hide my anxiety.

'You ready?' Negan asks me.

Ready for what?

'I guess', I say unsurely. 'Where are we going?'