I Wanna

By The All American Rejects

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Everyday but all I have is time

Our loves the perfect crime

Lucy looked at her cell phone clock. 11 am. She'd effectively been sitting with Matt for almost two hours just rambling on. They covered just about every thing except Val. She answered his questions about Charlie and asked her own about River, who by the way Matt talked about him it was clear that he adored him. Matt regaled her with tales of how far Avenged Sevenfold had come along, from sleeping in a stinky van piled on top of each other, to sharing beds in hotels sometimes 3 or 4 to a small full size and finally to the large stadium tours and plush buses.

He updated her on the status of each of his friends. Zoey and Brian who he was sure she knew still teetered between wanting to kill each other and not being able to live without each other. Johnny and Lacey had been married a few years and he was still in awe of catching such a sweet gal. Lacey, in turn, appreciated Johnny's crazy sense of humor. And Zacky, well poor Zacky had divorced his first wife, Gena, thankfully no children were involved. But he was lucky enough to find a kick ass mate in Meaghan who was as adorable as Zacky himself. He touched briefly on Jimmy's death, how devastated they were to lose their best friend, not wanting to get into the intimate details. Not that he didn't want to share with Lucy or that he didn't trust her , but they were in a public place so it probably wasn't the best idea.

After her coffee cup had been filled for what felt like the hundredth time, she looked at her clock again "I really should be going. I have to get Charlie for band practice."

Matt seemed to snap out of a trance "Yeah me too. I'm sure the guys are wondering where the hell I am."

They both looked at each other, neither really wanting to get up and leave but knowing it was probably best if they did.

"So is she like in the school band?" Matt asked just to continue the conversation a little bit longer.

Lucy sipped her coffee before replying "Actually she's part of a rock band. They like to play covers of some of their favorite bands."

"What instrument does she play? Or is she the kick ass lead singer?" he asked a beautiful side smirk appearing.

"No such luck," Lucy shook her head " She sings sometimes but for the most part she's a bass player, just like Johnny."

"Why a bass player?" he asked curiously.

"Duh," Lucy laughed "Because her last name is Bass. Or at least that was the joke when she started. Now it just seems like she likes it."

"Aw man, not a bass player like Johnny. I would have picked a guitar player like Syn or Zacky."

"That's kinda funny because I swear their guitar player is a mini Synyster Gates," Lucy offered.

"He thinks he's bad ass?" Matt asked

"SHE thinks she's bad ass," Lucy nodded "And she actually is. You guys are lucky she was grounded and couldn't go to the concert last night or she would have given Brian an ear full about perfecting his technique."

"I'm sure Brian would have loved that," Matt chuckled "Getting guitar advice from a 15 yr old."

"Try 14," Lucy added "And she just turned 14 at that."

They both laughed at the idea of guitar God, son of Brian Haner Sr, getting advice from a teenage girl.

And then there was silence. Not awkward this time, just a silence between two people who were comfortable being in each other's presence.