And All Things Will End

By Avenged Sevenfold

Lived through you,

safe with how we lived our lives,

with how it all turned out.

(But things are bound to change)

Uncovered lies, surfaced throughout,

will make you change your mind...

...Sometimes life is altered.

Break from the ropes your hands are tied.

Uneasy with confrontation.

Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Thinking about her mom being any one guy was weird enough, but actually seeing her staring soulfully into the eyes of her favorite singer on a public street early in the morning was surreal. Not that she didn't think her mom was pretty, but Charlie didn't think of her actually as a woman who might want the company of a man. Instead, she was just mom. Just mom who was part of the PTA and made brownies for her school parties. So why and how was she here at their favorite diner with M Shadows? Holy SHIT that's M Shadows, she thought to herself, and M Shadows looks like he wants to kiss my MOM. How can he do that? He and Val are perfect together.

"Mom?" she managed to squeak out.

Her mom turned to see her, eyes wide and whatever trance the man had on her broken. She shook her head as if trying to clear the hold he had on her. Shadows himself gave Charlie a wide dimpled grin.

"Charlie?" Lucy said tentatively.

Kelsey elbowed Charlie in the arm "That's M Shadows!" she hissed as her mom Linda, apologized profusely "Lucy, I'm so sorry. I was just bringing the girls for a late breakfast before Charlie had to leave."

Lucy smiled nervously "Thanks Lin, it's no problem. I was actually on my way to get her from your house so this is easier."

Charlie's eyebrows crashed together as her mom had a normal conversation while the lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold watched, not saying a word.

Linda had the decency to just nod and pull Kelsey toward the door "We'll just go grab a table and Charlie, you can come join us when or if you're still hungry."

Kelsey looked distressed being pulled away but her mom had a good hold on her.

That left the three of them standing there staring stupidly at each other. Charlie couldn't even think of what to say. Finally Shadows broke the silence.

He reached his hand out to Charlie. "Hi Charlie, we met last night. Remember?"

Charlie stared at his hand for about ten seconds before taking it and nodding. "Uh yeah, I remember." she said still confused "How could I forget meeting M Shadows."

His palm was warm when he shook it. "It's Matt, actually. Matt Sanders, but I'm sure you know that." She nodded again but focused her eyes on her mom this time. Her eyes pleading for some explanation. He seemed to notice and he looked at Lucy who looked distressed, like she was going to hurl any second.

"Hey Charlie," he pressed on "I don't know if you know this but your mom and I went to high school together."

Charlie's hazel eyes widened "What?" she asked.

"Yeah," he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand "We actually dated for a little while before your mom moved away."

"Really Sanders," Lucy said softly, never taking her eyes off of Charlie.