Back 2 Good

By Matchbox 20

Everyone here is wondering what it's like to be with somebody else
Everyone here's to blame, everyone here
Get's caught up in the pleasure of the pain, everyone hides
Shades of shame, but looking inside we're the same, we're the same
And we're all grown now, but we don't know how
To get it back to good

After playing two amazing sounding My Chemical Romance songs and two Fall Out Boy songs, Charlie and her friends ran off the stage straight toward their waiting support group. Lucy tried not to take it personal that her daughter ran straight toward Matt afterward. She smiled tightly trying to swallowing her jealousy as she saw him hug her and tell her how proud he was of her. Charlie beamed at his seal of approval. For so long, Lucy's approval was the only one Charlie had been seeking but now for the first time, Lucy had to share her. It was even worse when Val leaned over and patted the girl on the back. Oh hell no, Lucy thought to herself. I can't keep your hands off of Matt but I can certainly try to keep Charlie away. Instead of punching Val's lights out like she wanted to, Lucy simply waited for her daughter to finally run to her excitedly.

"Did you see me mom? I was on stage."

Lucy could feel the excitement vibrating off of her daughter. "I did. You were amazing."

"Oh my God, that was freaking the best feeling in the world. Matt was totally right."

"He would know best," Lucy agreed as she stole a glance at him to find his hazel eyes watching her. She gave him a slight smile in parental unity. "Well we should get out of here. Zoey says they are kicking all the kids out at 7 for the real party to start."

"Kelsey asked if I could spend the night," Charlie replied "We're going to do the Netflix and chill thing."

"That's how you want to spend the rest of your evening after your stage debut?" Lucy asked.

"Not like we can party with you guys. Besides, I want to spend time with Chris...feels like I haven't seen him in ages."

"I'm sure his girlfriend will like that," Lucy cracked.

A wide grin broke across Charlie's face "She's not here...and she's not his girlfriend anymore."

Lucy shook her head and laughed "Did you do that?"

"No!" Charlie said defensively "It just...happened."

"I'm sure," Lucy said sarcastically "I can drop you off at Kels' if you want to pick up some clothes."

"No!" Charlie said again "You should stay. Have some fun."

"Like that's not suspicious, Charlie."

"What do you mean? I just thought you'd want to hang with Zoey for a bit. Be an adult. You're always complaining that you spend too much time with teenagers."

"And you think hanging here with your dad and his wife is the way to fix that."

"They're separated," Charlie insisted with childlike hope.

"Oh yeah, they totally look separated," Lucy nodded in their direction and Charlie turned to find Matt leaning down to tell Val something that made her smile. "Honestly Charlie, I just don't think I can watch anymore."

Lucy expected Charlie to try to convince her some more but  it was Zacky's voice that chimed in. "I think you'd be letting him off the hook too easy if you leave, Luce. You have just as much right to be here as they do. Stay."

Lucy blushed as she looked at Zacky's very sincere green eyes. "I'd just be torturing myself."

"And him too," Zacky said "Besides, Meaghan couldn't make it tonight because of a modeling assignment. Be my date for the night."