Part 19

Hey Pearlies, Thank you very much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your reading lists. A special shoutout to muskanrishi08 isharai16 SuRyAwAnShIs heartfollower28 Day_Dreamer023   for your lovely comments. A big hug to everyone having their exams. All the very best and trust yourself. :D

...

I tried to hide under the bed to escape Manik. I don't know the reason why he is angry or looking for me. All I know is I need to hide from him. The bed was low and there is no space to put my arm under it let alone my whole body. 

As his footsteps reached near the door my heartbeat picked up its pace. I clutched the black shirt in my hand as Manik's dangerous face came to my view. He stepped inside the bedroom and shut the door with a bang. 

I ran inside the walk in closet in order to escape his wrath. Before I could shut the door Manik's strong arm stopped it. He pushed the door aside and stood exactly a foot away from me. I gulped in fear as he snatched the shirt from my hand and threw it on the floor. 

"Why did you get out of my territory?" He yelled. 

I didn't know what to answer him. I stood mum and stared at his face blankly hoping that he would leave this topic. 

He pulled me by my arm and yelled into my face. "Answer me!" 

I jumped in my place with his tone and tried to push him away from me. This only made him hold me tighter in his hold. The button of his shirt hurt my palm where I previously got hurt with the knife. I yelped in pain and left me.

I started blowing air with my mouth to sooth the pain and Manik gently held my wrist to observe it. For a second he had a concerned expression on his face but instantly turned into a monster. 

"You have a passion to get hurt, right? Let me make your wish come true." His held my wrist tight and dragged me along with him. 

"Manik, please let me go." I requested but he did not pay any attention and dragged me all the way till the living room where everyone are already present.

"What is everyone doing when she is escaping from the mansion?" Manik yelled and everyone kept silent. "Speak."

Niyonika started. "We don't know when she left or came into the house, Manik. We also don't pay any attention towards the servants." 

Manik glared at her and she stopped speaking further. 

Surprisingly, Alya and Harshad were also present in the living room quietly observing this scene. I thought Harshad was away to change the Black money and Alya back to her Den. But what are they doing here?

My thoughts came to a halt as Manik shot another question. 

"Who helped her to move in and out of the mansion?" His question made Alya gulp in fear. Her brows frowned together as tension was clearly visible on her face. I felt sad for Alya. She was in this situation all because of me. She was just helping me and Manik would not hear anyone with his attitude. I already witnessed Manik's anger and his punishment towards Navya. 

I saw Harshad taking lead to speak. I am sure he would give Alya's name and I have to prevent it at any cost. "Nobody helped me. I went alone." 

I gained everyone's attention. Cabir handed a report to Manik as he shoved it into my face. "There was no reporting of your arrival or leave into the territory. It means someone from this family helped you move. Who is it?"