Part 35

Hey Pearlies, thank you very much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your reading lists. A big shoutout to prayasha   srivasavi0  HPfan21forever  fathimasafy  MiniMini231  Rutuja208  kshama001  Day_Dreamer023  MadhurimaNaskar  heartfollower28   for your lovely comments. A special shoutout for siaramchandra  fancyfigments . You both are such a sweetheart. 

...

"What the fuck did you say, bastard?" Manik closed his fist tight and marched towards Harshad. Manik's fist came to contact with Harshad's jaw making him fall to the ground. "She is Mine!"

By this time Niyonika and Navya were in the hallway in shock with the scenario unfolding in front of them. Navya still looked at the floor and did not lift her head up since the Boss, Manik is present in the same location. She was silently sobbing and asking Niyonika to protect Harshad. 

"Manik, stop it. You are hurting Harshad." Niyonika pushed Manik and hugged Harshad. "What is happening, my angel? Why is Manik hurting you?"

"Mom, I want to marry her," Harshad pointed at me. "She is the real Nandini. Papa arranged my marriage with her and not this cheater." Harshad said and Niyonika gasped. 

I instantly kneeled beside Niyonika to match face her directly. "It's the truth, Queen. I am the real Nandini Murthy and she is Navya, who stole my identity. Also, everything happened because of him." I pointed at Manik. "He killed my family and burnt the entire Murthy territory." 

"That's a big accusation I say! Do you have any proof of anything you just said?" Manik questioned raising his right eyebrow. 

I flared my nose and opened my fist. "This is the proof! This is a picture of my father, Harshad's father, and me taken on my 18th birthday when they had an agreement about our marriage. Manik had the proof all this time but silently let me suffer."

"I see nothing there, it's just ashes," Manik said with confidence.

I marched towards him and held his shirt collar in my hand. "Really? It was you who burned everything. You burned my family, and you burned the only memory I have of them." 

"Don't you know that photos are banned inside Malhotra territory? Only the Boss has the power to hold the most precious photos and you are saying I have those silly photos?"

I hit him on his chest. "They are not silly and I am not lying. You have stored all these photos in your locker. All those photos are candid."

Everyone in the hall gasped at my audacity to hold the mighty boss's collar and yell at him. Cabir ordered all the guards and servants to walk away leaving this matter only among the family members. Now, Manik, Cabir, Harshad, Niyonika, Navya, and I were in the living room with a tense atmosphere. 

"Stop diverting the topic, Miss! I need solid proof, remember you are speaking with the Boss of your Empire. If you fail to prove your accusation within five minutes, I am going to banish you from the face of the earth." Manik's voice was serious but Harshad scoffed making Manik irritated as he took a deep breath. "It applies to everyone in this room who is supporting these accusations."