51

I stood up slowly trying to control sobbing infront of Harshad. He warned me to cry infront of Manik and not him. I kept my head down so that he wouldn't see the tears in my eyes and walked out of his room.

Nobody was in the living room bringing a sense of relief as well as loneliness. I don't want anyone to see me crying at the same time I want someone to comfort me.

My vision got blurry as the tears blocked it and I hit myself to something hard. I lifted my face up and blinked rapidly to clear my vision and saw Manik standing infront of me.

There was no expression on his face. Manik gently wiped the tear on my face with his index finger and looked at my forehead which I believe is bruised due to the fall. His fists were balled tightly to his sides as if he is controlling his anger on something or someone. I couldn't stop my emotions and I sobbed badly falling into his arms. I wanted this comfort and assurance which I am getting only from Manik.

Manik tried to comfort me by touching my arms and I winced. He lifted the cape to have a look at my arms and gritted his teeth.

"Asshole!" Manik yelled and took long strides into Harshad's room.

I wiped my tears and immediately followed him. Manik held Harshad's neck in his fist and shoved it to the wall.

"How dare you touch her dammit!"

Harshad's blood stained the white room which I feared the first thing I came to his room and it became a reality. Manik did not leave any chance to punch Harshad and strangle him.

My voice was so soft compared to these men growling in pain. Nobody heard me and they continued to fight with each other.

"Manik, please stop. You are killing him." I tried pulling him but Manik moved to the other direction and continued hitting Harshad.

"I will kill anyone who tries to touch you let alone hurt you." His eyes filled with rage.

"Who is she to you, Manik?" Harshad asked with bloody mouth. "Don't tell me she warmed your bed so good that you are unable to ..."

Punches rained on Harshad's jaw and he fell down but Manik did not stop hitting and kneeled next to Harshad to continue his assault.

"Am I saying something wrong brother? She wants to ask you something, first listen to her." Harshad laughed and looked at me. "Tell him darling, let's negotiate."

Manik bounced Harshad's head to the floor to prevent him from speaking. But it has to stop, I have to end all this mess which I have created.

"Manik you have no right to interfere in this matter. It's a couple fight and we can sort it ourselves." I said looking at the floor.

Manik left Harshad and stood infront of me with his flared nose. "What did you just say?"

I still looked at the floor unable to look up at him. I can't let Manik make me feel like this and confuse me. Harshad is my parents choice and Manik is my personal choice. I can not be selfish and forget about my parent's promise. Everytime I see Manik I want to be with him instead of Harshad which is quite opposite of what my family wanted. Infact, I started feeling unsafe with Harshad, literal angel, which explains how much I am messed up. I can become normal only after leaving Manik and going far away from him. I will be back to myself.

"You heard me, I don't want any stranger to help with my problems." I said and helped Harshad to stand up. "This is for yelling at me," I slapped Harshad on his right cheek. "This is for hurting me." I threw the chair at him and he fell down.

I turned towards Manik with a challenging look. "See, I can deal my problems and you must go to your soon to be wife, Alya."

We stared at each other without saying anything. Manik please go, I don't want you near me.