Part 33

Hey Pearlies, thank you very much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your lists. A special shoutout to fathimasafy   kshama001  HPfan21forever  Taareyians  mayamadhuvanthi   isharai16   for your lovely comments.

...

"What are you doing at this time?"

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead hearing Manik's voice so close behind me. I turned around to face him and wiped the sweat with the sleeve of my robe. He stood there freshly showered and with a towel loosely tied to his waist. His hair is wet and relaxed unlike his usual gelled and tamed hair making him friendly and not dangerous. Looks are always deceiving when it comes to the matter of Manik Malhotra.

He looked at the photo in my hand and the locker door which was open. He raised his eyebrow and walked towards me while I walked back in fear and finally stopped when I hit my back to the painting but his steps stopped in front of me leaving just a feet distance between us. I tried to move away from him but he blocked my way by placing both his arms next to me caging me in this small place.

"You learn things quite fast, huh?" He shut the locker door by firmly pressing it just above my head. His every moment is scaring the hell out of me.

For the next few seconds, both of us said nothing but stared at each other and closely observed the expressions. He brought his right hand down from the door and touched my forehead and cupped my left cheek. I closed my eyes with the heavenly sensation, his palm was cool after his shower against my warm skin.

"Why don't you get some rest? You don't look healthy." His voice brought me back to reality and I pushed his hand away from me.

"Enough with your games, Manik. I got my proof." I punched him on his bare chest which caused him to take a step back from me. "This is my father along with your father on my 18th birthday. This is the day where I was arranged to marry Harshad and now I have this proof."

"Nandini..." I cut him short of his sentence.

"I am Princess Nandini Murthy. Get used to it, Manik. I will no longer tolerate your abuse towards me. I will show this photo to everyone right now and will prove my identity along with yours. Let everyone know how you killed my family and wiped them from your territory." I said with all the anger inside me.

"Nandini, don't be silly. Give that photo to me and get some rest. Right now." He yelled the last word making me almost give into his voice but I shook my head. Not this time Manik!

"You have no right to order me, Manik. You have no shame to face me after killing my parents, and removing my identity from me. You have no idea about the sufferings I had to endure just to prove my existence. You have destroyed my life, but I am not going to stay calm. You have to be punished, I will remove your Boss title right now." Angry tears flowed from my eyes as I punched his chest whenever it was possible to let him know my pain.

Manik pulled me by my left arm and locked it behind my back while I tried to hit him with the right hand having the photo. "Manik leave me," I yelled.

"I have to shut your mouth." He said pulling me closer to himself and crushing me on his chest. I must not feel anything in this situation but my body is betraying me as it earned towards his touch. He bent his head towards my face and I instantly closed my eyes not knowing how to react to his move. I felt breathless as the tip of his nose brushed mine and my lips slightly parted.