Part 30

Hey Pearlies, thank you very much for your votes, comments, and for adding this book to your reading lists. A big shoutout to  AeyshaKhan7   fathimasafy   HPfan21forever  isharai16  Taareyians  for your lovely comments. 

...

I took a shower and wore clothes from Manik's wardrobe. Today's outfit is Manik's sleeveless vest, paired with his trousers and his leather jacket. I looked at myself in the mirror and damn I almost look like the lady boss. All is good but one thing is still bothering me. Manik's name on my forehead is still visible. No matter how many times or how hard I tried to rub it never went away. 

I came out with a frown and found Manik getting ready to take a shower while he was busy speaking with someone on the phone. He raised his eyebrows while speaking making me curious about the conversation. Nevertheless, I understand nothing. It all sounds difficult. But something caught my eye. It is his muscular chest. 

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not drooling over Manik but I am examing his chest visible from his vest. There is no ink? But how is that possible? I clearly remember smearing the same ink used on my forehead which is non-erasable but it magically disappeared from Manik! 

Did he do external surgery? 

As soon as he stopped speaking the phone I blocked his way. "How to get flawless skin like yours?"

"You want to know my skin secret?" he asked in confusion.

I smacked my forehead understanding how my words might reach him. "I mean, how did you remove the ink? I am pretty sure they were permanent. Mine still didn't get clear then how did you clear yours?" 

He looked at his chest and then at my forehead with a smirk. "I am not sure. Maybe your vegetable friends helped me?" He walked past me leaving me alone in the bedroom.

My vegetable friend? Did he paste the vegetables on his chest to cover the ink? Should I also cut the green, long, thin vegetable and stick it on my face? But it is green and people might spot it! I need something matching my skin tone. What vegetable shall I use? 

After raking my head I found no clear answer so I asked the problem creator. "Manik, what vegetable did you use for your chest?"

I was surprised to see Manik standing so close to me all of a sudden. There was a cotton ball in his hand and it was wet. "What is that in your hand, Manik? Don't tell me it is the orange liquid!" 

He looked at the cotton and smirked. "So, what if it is the 'orange liquid.' Will you kiss me again?" 

His words brought back many memories. The first time I kissed him was when he tried to put that burning orange liquid. I felt hot all of a sudden with Manik's sole attention on my lips. I tried to run away from him but was pulled back to his chest as he twisted my arm behind me. 

"Accept it, Nandini. You can not escape from The Boss."

I scoffed at his words. "I will not accept it and will find my way to escape from all this mess, Mr. Call-Me-Boss." 

This time all the mischievous glint in his eyes is replaced with a serious look reminding me about the close proximity. My left arm snaked around his neck while the left arm was locked behind me. His breath fanning as bent lower matching my height. I am confused as to whether to anticipate a kiss or the burning orange liquid. Whatever the situation I decided to close my eyes as tight as possible trying to prevent anything from happening.