44

Hey Pearlies, thank you very much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your reading lists. A special shoutout to for your lovely comments.
...

Time stilled as Manik stood infront of me, his eyes only looking at me and nothing else. Nothing mattered in that  moment except to prolong these minutes more. Is it possible to hold a memory as we wished? No, every thing comes to an end.

Our trance is broken by Alya's cheerful voice. "You look so pretty!"

I took a few steps back trying to create as much distance as possible between Manik and I. "You must be joking, I didn't even fix the dress completely."

"That doesn't make it any less on you, Nandini. I think this style suits you more than your frocks."

The designers assistant joined the conversation, "Oh my sweet chilli pepper! You look so hot in this dress!" He gasped holding his cheeks with both of his hands. "I thought you were cute honey, and didn't know you could pull off this sexy dress."

I was feeling so awkward being described as hot and attractive infront of Manik.

"You don't believe me do you?" The assistant asked me. "Boss, you tell me, doesn't she look sexy!"

My eyes instantly went to look at Manik and I immediately looked down to my feet. Why is Manik staring so intensely? I feel like he is going to eat my flesh and make soup out of my bones.

"Pretty!" Manik's voice was so low that only I was able to hear him. Getting a compliment from a Mafia Boss, am I dreaming?

"Who am I even asking?" The designers said to themselves as they did not hear Manik's words but I did and it's not setting good within me. I need help!

"Alright, Honey! This style suits you and we shall the same for the new year party. Now, please remove it and it over to me." He spoke clicking his fingers.

I nodded and about to remove my hand behind my neck where the strings of the dress were holding together but stopped remembering Manik's presence in the same room. He was still looking at me and I felt my privacy vanish into a thin air.

His soul piercing eyes are making me feel like I am getting undressed even if I had a dress underneath. I was covered from my neck to knees but I am having a feel that if I let this strings fall I might be standing butt naked in this huge hallway.

"Honey! Dress!" He reminded me once again.

Having no choice I slightly turned away from Manik, facing the opposite side so that Manik could see only my backside. I could still feel his looks piercing my back but I continued to remove the dress nevertheless, as I didn't want to gain attention from others.

My heart beat rose as I let the strings loose making the front part of the dress covering my chest fall till my waist. I pulled the dress down and stepped out of it and held it in my hands.

No. I am not going to face Manik now. The few steps I took to give this dress back to the designers felt like I am walking naked. I can't die of embarrassment in this situation!

I sat back on the sofa and immediately pulled a cushion and kept it on my lap trying to make it my shield. I only wish sofa pillows were human sized so that I can zip myself inside them instead of the fur.

"Boss, the coffee is getting cold. Should I serve you another cup?" A maid asked looking at the floor.

Manik cleared his throat and took a step backwards towards the dining hall but was stopped by the designers. "Oh where are you going, Boss? We need you here to design a suit for you for the New year's party!"