73

This update is dedicated to everyone whose name starts with letter "K"
...

As much as I disliked the thought of Manik following Niyonika, he still did it. He followed behind her as she ran cursing him on her way to her room.

By this time the mansion was empty leaving only the family members inside. All thanks to Cabir who must have understood the situation and dispersed the guard not wanting them to witness Manik's vulnerable side.

Niyonika kneeled beside her bed and kept her head on the corner of the bed and thumped her chest crying. Manik sat beside her and took her palms into his but she shoved them away.

"Ma." His voice was heavy with emotions.

This is the first time I heard him address her as a mother instead of the formal titles.

"I have no children. Vivek is dead and my Angel was banished. You are dead to me the moment you took the first breath on this earth." Her words were harsh.

I interfered. "And you would be dead in your Angel hands if Manik didn't kick him out. Be grateful that you got a son like Manik."

She looked at me in disgust. "You don't even speak, characterless woman. You are taking his side as soon as my son was out. Bloody Orphan!"

I stepped inside her room. "You are wrong. I am on Manik's side even before your Bullock Cart was kicked out of the Empire. Infact, he got a bald patch, upset stomach and red body seater organ because of me. If he was still inside the mansion I would even pull out his internal organs."

"How dare you trouble my son?" She began but Manik moved in between us.

"Ma, she is a victim of Harshad's brutality. Don't blame her."

Niyonika scoffed. "Ofcourse, everyone is innocent except my son. You were always jealous of my Angel and finally you threw him out. Now live alone in your Empire."

Manik touched his mother's feet. "I understand that you are hurt by my actions, Ma. But he is not the person we knew, Harshad is a dangerous man and I was protecting you all along. I didn't want you to be harmed because of his crooked mind." Manik took a deep breath to clear his croaked voice. "I even chose to lose mother's love to protect you. To satisfy him I pretended that your wellbeing doesn't matter to me when in fact I was being crushed alone."

If Niyonika wasn't here I would pull Manik into a tight hug and kiss his pain away. My poor Manik! He has endured so much for every one in his family. Nobody, Nobody cared for him despite enjoying all his hardwork and security.

"If you are speaking truth then bring my Harshad to me. My son will die without a territory and he doesn't deserve it."

"He will be here when the hell freezes! You must understand that he is working with the Rathore's, the same people who have killed my father, brother and many territories. If he was cruel enough to work with them I don't think it's possible for him to be innocent." Manik was strict.

Niyonika wiped her tears.

"If that's the case, let it be. I shall obey this rule, afterall you are the Mafia Boss."

"Ma..."

"No, Boss. I don't have such good karma to be your highness mother. I am afterall a former Boss wife."

Manik immediately stood up and left the room.

I glared at Niyonika. "The last part was right. You deserve only that Bullock Cart who would feed you dog poop food. Was it tasty that you are taking his side?"